This package is still in testing phase, it should not break anything on your server but may not work as expected : If you have any feedback please post it here or on the issue list on the github.
Main limitation is that it’s not possible to write to file from the webplayer, so it’s impossible to save any game progress… Any help to solve this issue is welcome!
And now, enjoy!
RetroArch is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players. It enables you to run classic games on a wide range of computers and consoles through its slick graphical interface. Settings are also unified so configuration is done once and for all.
The RetroArch Web Player is RetroArch compiled through Emscripten.
Shipped version: 1.9.1
Although you can upload a ROM at runtime, retroarch may have access to the ROMs you already have on your server:
- Games are located in
/opt/yunohost/retroarch/assets/cores. A symbolic link is created to this folder in
/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Games, so that you can place your games from here
- cores have to be indexed to work : script
/opt/yunohost/retroarch/indexer.shrun every 5 minutes to index all games in
- cannot save game, in fact, cannot write at all… so configuration is lost each time you start again
- no user management
- some core are listed but not implemented : they do not work, the issue is from the upstream app.
- Report a bug: Issues · YunoHost-Apps/retroarch_ynh · GitHub
- App website: Official Website
- Upstream app repository: RetroArch/pkg/emscripten at master · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/