Restic and users permissions

:uk:/:us:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain: —

Description of my issue

Hello!

I have recently installed restic to manage my backups. After installing, I got this message after every sudo command: sudo: /etc/sudoers is world writable

So I checked the forum and then the web and found this topic with this fix:

pkexec chmod 555 /etc/sudoers
pkexec chmod 555 /etc/sudoers.d/README

I did that and solved my sudo issue. But, after that, impossible to install new apps, because of permissions issues. Here a log of a failed installation and here another one.

And even the Restic backups are failing. Restic backup failed log

How can I fix these permissions issues?

Thank you,
Best regards.

:fr:

Description du problème

Bonjour!

J’ai récemment installé Restic pour la gestion de mes backups. Après installation, j’avais ce message d’erreur après chaque commande sudo :

sudo: /etc/sudoers is world writable

Alors j’ai cherché sur le forum, puis le web et trouvé ce topic avec cette solution:

pkexec chmod 555 /etc/sudoers
pkexec chmod 555 /etc/sudoers.d/README

Ce que j’ai fait, et cela a corrigé mon problème. Mais après cela, impossible d’installer de nouvelles applications, à cause de problèmes de permissions. Un log d’une installation ratée et un autre exemple.

Et même les sauvegardes restic ne fonctionnent pas. Log d’un backup restic raté

Comment puis-je corriger ce problème?

Merci d’avance et meilleures salutations.

Where do you see these permission issues? These failures seem unrelated (build error and dependencies issue, respectively).

WARNING - subprocess ssh: Bad owner or permissions on /root/.ssh/config

What’s the output of ls -la /root/.ssh/config ? My guess is it is readable/writable not only by root user.

If so:

chown root:root /root/.ssh/config
chmod 660 /root/.ssh/config

this is just a personal extrapolation

This:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 217 Mar 5 22:04 /root/.ssh/config

I dit it and now I have:

-rw-rw---- 1 root root 217 Mar  5 22:04 /root/.ssh/config

I tried the installation of lemmy and it failed again : log

So I tried something that I knew it should work because already installed in the past : Bludit and it worked log. Perhaps because of dependencies or sowhat.

Then I tried again PixelFed and it failed. log 1 - log 2 - log 3 - log 4

So I have another problem on my server but I don’t know what and this was since the installation of restic…

I am guessing that it could be due to one of Lemmy’s dependency, Hyper, not being buildable on your system architecture, armhf.

For both Lemy and Pixelfed, I suggest you open dedicated threads for them. Their issues seem unrelated to Restic.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

You’re probably right. And this case, I give up the installation of lemmy and Pixelfed.

About Restic, I get every day a mail that says the backup was successfull but I don’t see any file in the corresponding backup folder on my NAS.

For the moment, I give up that too. I will come back to it later maybe.

So the topic is done fo me. Thank you again Titus for your help. :wink:

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.