Resolve Server on Yunohost computer

Dear community,

I have a yunohost server on a nuc x64 that has been running for a few years without any problems. I work in the audiovisual industry and use the Da Vinci Resolve application. With this software, you can put projects on a remote server, which is also used for collaborative work, and you can install it on linux.

I’ve started looking at how to install it on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDkecNYL_Q

To install it, you’ll need to make two changes to PostgreSQL (which I’m currently using with mattermost):

• modify the postgresql conf file and put “listen_adresses = “*””
  • add a “host all all 0.0.0.0/0 scram-sha-256” at the end.

I’m no SQL expert, but could this modification damage my other applications? Is this a problem in terms of security?
Thank you very much,

I’m not an expert either, but yes, open a service to EVERYBODY on the Internet is always dangerous.

The listen_adresses explain where your PostgreSQL server will listen, and if for this application you need to have a direct access to the database from the Internet, then maybe you’ll need it.

The 2nd part says who can connect to what.
This part must be modified, because I think you’ll create a new database for this app, and only this base should be impacted.

2 Likes

Okay,

Maybe it’s the time for me to learn how to pack an app on yunohost.

thx for your time