[RESOLU] Missing credentials parameter (connexion au panneau admin impossible)

@nicochoco (and @agichim and @Mixata ) , in case you missed it:

I think it is the same as your problem, and it is hopefully solved!

Hi ljf
Could you check slapd service is running ? Yes

Could you check your passphrase and see if you have specific chars that could trigger an error like í (i with an accent) ? No specific CHAR
From which version did you upgrade your system ? Based on log, Yunohost 4.2.8.3 (https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/bezadacita)
Have you some pending migrations ? No

Thanks Yunohost TEAM and guys ! Since Yunohost 4.3.2.2 not “missing credendials parameter” anymore

Not just for the passphrase, also check the name fields (first name, last name under full name, in the users’ account).

I am unable to create a user with an í, or update a user to correct the name. I don’t know whether it used to be possible, if so, maybe the system falls over it now.

Only lowercase and uppercase in first name, last name under full name. No specifics characters.

J’ai réussi à résoudre mon problème en me connectant avec le navigateur en mode “fenêtre privée”, une fois la connexion établie je suis repassé en mode normal et cela a fonctionné de suite. Je pense effectivement que ça venait du cache du navigateur. En tout cas merci pour votre aide.

• Here is my log for sudo yunohost diagnosis show
    hastebin

• restarting the API w/ sudo service yunohost-api restart doesn’t work for me.

• MAJ+CTRL+R to reload the page w/out “cache taken in account” didn’t work

• wiping the cookies for the page < still not working

• systemctl status slapd give me this log

• systemctl daemon-reload > error remain

• rebooting the whole system didn’t work either

• didn’t work neither on firefox (private mode; mobile; private on mobile), safari or tor.

• Can only access to admin thru ssh
    Any suggestions ?

By “doesn’t work” you mean you’re still getting the “Missing credential parameter” issue ?

I found your domain name in your diagnosis log and tried to log in on your webadmin … obviously I don’t know the password but it displayed “Wrong password”, indicating that it communicated properly with the API …

@Aleks reread the first topic @Nichoco said that if he/she puts a wrond password it displays “Mot de passe incorrect” howevere if it’s the good one, @Nichoco get a 400 Bad request

The “missing credential parameter” message
Erreur: "400" Bad Request

Action: "POST" /yunohost/api/login

Suppa,

Do you use your root password ? not admin password, right ?

I don’t know what’s the difference between root and admin password on yunohost.
I have 2 passwords. Admin (admin access) and User (sso access). I use the admin pwd.
There’s only one way that I didn’t tried yet. I use extended ASCII in my passwords and I saw that it might cause problems on webadmin.

Try root password

In general, root and admin password are same in yunohost

Which one is the root password ? The first user account ?

The pwd of post-installation

Maybe change your admin pwd

sudo yunohost tools adminpw
1 Like

For me, Root pwd and Admin pwd are differents

When you change the admin password the root password is rewritten with the new admin password too. So the only way to get it different is to change root password after changing or define the admin password.

2 Likes

That was the key. Password in extended ASCII seems to be problematic.
Thank you very much for your help ! :star_struck:

What I still don’t understand is, why it worked well before the update ?
Maybe a reminder of this problem somewhere in the faq would be nice for future help.

2 Likes

The issue is flagged as solved … closing to prevent confusion … If you still experience this issue, or a different issue, please open a new post