Resizing system-root to use all the partition space?

:uk:/:us: English:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VM running the X86 iso from the YunoHost download page

YunoHost version: 4.2.2… I think?
I have access to my server : Through SSH, direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I wasn’t able t upgrade because my Yunohost partition was only 6.8gb for some reason, and it was all full. I expanded the partition to over 200gb, but haven’t been able to find a way to expand the Yunohost root volume as it doesn’t seem to show up as a partition in gparted. This is how my lsblk looks like right now:
Screenshot_20210711_173443

I’m trying to figure out how to expand that 6.8gig system-root to expand and use the rest of the unused space in sda5. It seems that it has to do with using lvextend, but I’ve been banging my head on a wall trying to figure out how to get this to work. I’m assuming that I should boot into a live CD so I’m not resizing the volume that is being used for the system-root at the time, but when I boot a live CD, I don’t know how to find Yunohost’s system-root volume and gparted just shows the whole partition and not the volume:

…or do I just need to run resizefs on system-root, but once again, if I do, how do I find where that is in a live CD?

:fr: Français:

Mon serveur YunoHost

**Matériel : ** VM exécutant l’iso X86 de la page de téléchargement de YunoHost.

Version YunoHost: 4.2.2… Je crois ?
J’ai accès à mon serveur : Par SSH, accès direct via clavier / écran
Vous êtes dans un contexte particulier ou vous avez effectué des réglages particuliers sur votre instance de YunoHost : : non

Description de mon problème

Je n’ai pas pu faire de mise à jour car ma partition Yunohost n’était que de 6.8gb pour une raison quelconque, et elle était pleine. J’ai étendu la partition à plus de 200 Go, mais je n’ai pas réussi à trouver un moyen d’étendre le volume racine de Yunohost car il ne semble pas apparaître comme une partition dans gparted. Voici à quoi ressemble mon lsblk en ce moment :
Screenshot_20210711_173443

**J’essaie de comprendre comment étendre ce système-root de 6,8 giga pour étendre et utiliser le reste de l’espace inutilisé dans sda5 ** Il semble que cela a à voir avec l’utilisation de lvextend, mais j’ai été frapper ma tête contre un mur en essayant de comprendre comment obtenir ce travail. Je suppose que je devrais démarrer sur un CD live pour ne pas redimensionner le volume qui est utilisé pour le système-root à ce moment-là, mais quand je démarre un CD live, je ne sais pas comment trouver le volume système-root de Yunohost et gparted montre juste la partition entière et pas le volume :

…ou dois-je simplement exécuter resizefs sur system-root, mais encore une fois, si je le fais, comment puis-je trouver où cela se trouve dans un live CD ?

Ok, I found the solution. For anyone else wondering, I just had to log in with recovery mode and enter:

lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/system-root -r

Note that I had already extended the partition size with a live CD of Gparted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.