Remote `borg` item restoration

Hi there!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.9.1 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I didn’t check Nextcloud after update (attempt) and now it replies with an “Internal Server Error”. I guess it happened on 20th of Jan, or a day earlier. After that was noticed I saw I visited updates admin section, it was offering updating. To give it a chance to remediate I ran the thing – no success; then went to SSH to try it there. That attempt showed that there was a warning of not enough memory before updating. So server reboot was conducted and then update ran without a warning before starting, but with an error and the fallback in the end.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Now I want to get a backup from <borgbase.com> using https://forum.yunohost.org/t/how-to-properly-backup-and-restore/12583/3 to guide me. The problem is both commands (list and export-tar) ends up asking me a password, which I’m sure I do have (though don’t know how to test it). When I feed the password Remote: Permission denied is the reply I get; I guess the reason is it actually expects the key (which public part is easy to locate at <yunohost/admin/#/apps/borg/main>), but I couldn’t find the private key which is obviously used when during back-uping.

Any hints, advice,
and path of the key and how to indicate it in borg command
are very welcome!

Let me mention @ljf especially, as the author of that guide that was near to save me. :pray:

Hi,

I used something like BORG_RSH="ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_borg_ed25519 -oStrictHostKeyChecking=yes" borg list a while ago, I don’t know if that still is correct nor if this is only something for my own need… Might be worth checking it on your side though.

3 Likes

It went into extracting the tar file! :tada: Thanks a lot for such a swift help!!

For reference usage of borg restore is listed in the documentation and is in line with what @nicofrand offered.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: I was in the previous section looking for upgrade command and still epically missed it. Shame on me!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.