Redis consumer for wallabag

Hello everyone! I’m new to yunohosting but have been a long time lurker.

WFH has finally allowed me the time to get yunohost working on my own server.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.6.5.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

My question pertains to wallabag and redis. I have a fairly large csv file to import from instapaper, and to aid in the import, I’ve enabled redis in the internal settings of wallabag, b/c that is supposed to aid large imports.

When I go to import, I get a message that there are XXXX number of messages queued, but then nothing happens. In the official documentation it states that the next step is to “Launch the redis consumer.”

How do I accomplish that? Where do I place/make the cron file to launch the consumer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stay safe everyone!

I’m not familiar at all with this app, but I do understand the concept of commands and cron, so I believe you should do something like :

• connect to your server through ssh
  • run the command: cd /etc/cron.daily (<<< here i’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a daily cronjob … maybe it’s an hourly cronjob ? in which case replace “daily” by “hourly” here)
  • start editing a new file with: nano redis-consumer (<< here the name redis-consumer is arbitrary, you can use anything you’d like)
  • in nano, put the following :
#!/bin/bash
LOGFILE=/var/log/wallabag-redis-consumer-cron.log

cd /var/www/wallabag    # <<< Hopefully this is the right path to your wallabag install
bin/console wallabag:import:redis-worker --env-prod [the type you want] -vv >> $LOGFILE
  • save and close the file using “Ctrl+X” (it will ask you to confirm, just press Y to save, then Enter)
  • make the cron file executable using `chmod +x redis-consumer

And hopefully that should do the trick if I didnt forget anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(as said, in this example i set the cron a daily (once per day, usually something like 5am), but maybe you want to set it as hourly…)

1 Like

Aleks,

Thank you so much for your reply! Exactly what I was looking for!

Hopefully tomorrow morning the redis consumer will have run!

Do we still have a redis server installed with wallabag ? I seem to recall that it was removed at some point :thinking:

@Lapineige Apparently yes. I checked the .yml file that the wallabag documentation references, and it was already populated with the correct info for redis, as well as rabbitmq.

I haven’t been able to get the job running automatically via cron, but running the command manually works just fine.

Thanks everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.