Recently changed ISP. How do I configure this port mapping panel?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dedicated x86 board
YunoHost version: 11.0.6
I have access to my server : Through SSH and direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Today I changed my home server to a new ISP. I commented with technical support that I needed to configure my home server to be accessible on the external internet, and they told me to configure the router. However, I’m currently stuck on this stage. Usually there’s a “port forwarding” screen, but this one is named “port mapping” instead, and it requests several fields that didn’t appear on my old router, so I’m unsure what their values are. For example, what’s the difference between “external port number” and “external source port number”? Do I need to set an “external source port address”, and what can I do if my ISP gave me a dynamic IP? For the record, the website is already accessible on my local network, but no such luck outside of my network for the time being.

There is already a list of predefined apps. You may find web, ssh in there. You’ll copy the way these predefined apps are set.

Hello
Your new router has most advanced features than the former one.
Normally, you don’t have to worry neither about the source port number nor the external source IP address.
Theses options are here to filter access to your server.
What you have to do is to fill the fields “type”, “application” “mapping name”, “wan name”, “internal host”, “protocol”, “external port number” and “internal port number” for all the ports that yunohost servers listens to.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, I finally found the user manual for this router and figured it out. The predefined apps helped me a lot there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.