Reboot and select proper Boot Device after power outage

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: I believe the latest
I have access to my server : No access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I had a long power outage this morning - long enough for my battery backup to die before I was unable to safely shut down my systems. I’m running Yuno on an old PC. Yuno is on a 500gb SSD and I have a separate 4tb HDD for storage. Upon rebooting the computer I get “Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key”. The drives are all recognized in BIOS however I can’t get past this screen. I tried putting my Yuno usb install drive in with no luck. I pulled the SSD and put it in an enclosure and on my W10 PC I can see the drive and the partitions. Is there anything I can do to fix this short of formating and starting from scratch? A web search says that my SSD could be fried or at the least the MBR is corrupt. All my important data is on (hopefully still!) my HDD but I’d rather not have to start from zero if I can help it. Thanks!

I connected the Yuno SSD to my Linux laptop and I can view the contents of the drive FWIW.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.