Raspi total fail

hi;

try to install yunohost on a raspi with jessie lite.

1st : ./install_yunohost
pi user said need to quit
ok i’ll run it as root (of course with a password)

2nd try: ./install_yunohost
FAILED: Unable to update the system

but my system is up to date
because I always do

apt-get update
apt-get -y upgrade
reboot

before an installation

root@raspberrypi:~# apt-get upgrade -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

it remember why I lost faith in yunohost

Bonsoir @jodumont,

Tu peux essayer de faire un tour ici http://avignu.wiki.tuxfamily.org/doku.php?id=documentation:yunohost-jessie ou là http://avignu.wiki.tuxfamily.org/doku.php?id=documentation:yunohost-jessie-v2.5.x-rpi3b
J’avais pu faire l’installation sur une Raspberry Pi 1B (YunoHost v.2.4) et une 3B (YunoHost v2.5).
Courage :slight_smile:

ppr

1 Like

Have you tried to update the system with sudo apt-get dist-upgrade instead?

Don’t you lose faith in YunoHost, it’s amazing! :grin:

1 Like

The tone of your post does not encourage anybody to help you.

First thing is, why are you trying to manually install yunohost ? We provide a pre-installed image which is way easier to deal with than the manual install (i.e. starting from raspbian)

I can’t truly prove it to you now because the yunohost website is down
but the manual installation is one of the official proposition
which I did a lot on a lot of debian

Yea, I wrote a part of this doc :wink:

But the first one (which therefore I thought would be what people use as default), using the pre-installed image, is much easier (no need to tweak raspbian and go through the whole install process).

(A pull request is on the way to flag it as the recommended way)

thanks for your involvement and sorry by my tone

but I found yunohost is not well tested and some apps like openvpn server and lets encrypt, which was (I said almost) official apps are now dropped…

those thing annoyed me a lot, because I can’t tell if tomorrow the service I use will still functional

for giving you a hint about if i’m able to install debian
I was one of the first raising the fact it need a root password for the “advanced installation

anyway; from my point of view; yunohost and the people on the forum still better than cozy…
but again i’ll probably inflame others with that :wink:

Hi, Letsencrypt is now part of the core, that’s why the app is not needed anymore.
As for the other apps I would say it depends on who is available to maintain, although I agree that apps that are not maintained anymore should at some point perhaps switch back to community. However, there are no rules about that yet
Feel free to contribute though
Cheers

1 Like

Just if anyone have the Unable to update the system error on raspberry: you can pass this error by run rpi-update before run install_yunohost.

Could you tell me where I could find config & log about Let’s Encrypt
because I reinstall Yunohost for a 3rd times and the SSL still a self-sign
even my DNS entry are pointing to the server before the installation

In the admin panel, look in the SSL cert of the domain. There you have a box to install a Le certificate if the domain is reachable