Questions about the maindomain: host.mydomain.com or mydomain.com?

Hello everybody,

I hope I understand the use of the template - and I bag yours pardon about my poor english.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: virtual server in a datacenter with permanent internet connection
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 (stable).
I have access to my server : through the webadmin and SSH if necessary
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : I assume “special context”
If yes, please explain: On my fresh installed yunohost server I checked the diagnostics for my maindomain

Description of my issue

In the diagnostics for my maindomain I saw some dns errors and warnings and I m very happy about the good hints what is set by dns-server and what was expected. I tried to solve error by error.

My dns-sever is a webbased solution. So I have no access to the bind-config / zone files. I detected some little troubles setting up the expected values via the dns-webpanel.

And so I come to my first basic question:
What is the best practice choosing the maindomain for the yunohost-server:
is https://mydomain.com better - or something like https://host.mydomain.com

So much for the moment.

Thanks for your help
Tinder

Depends on your needs.
Personally I prefer a subdomain as the main domain.
How did you plan to use your server?
What will you install on the root domain?
How many subdomains will you have?
What apps will you use?
How many users will you have on the server?

If you answer these questions then it will be clearer how you will organise your server.

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

All right, both ways seem to be ok - this sounds good!

My needs - yes … hmmm … for the moment it is an evaluation-system. I want to spot the way it works, the possibilities and features of yunohost.

Later I assume it will be a small server for me only. Tools for my digital work.
I dont think that an other user I have to setup within yunohost.
Maybe one or two users within an app.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.