Proxy Pass to Plex Server

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Rpi 4
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Every method
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: some nginx/hosts file tweaking for specific apps

Description of my issue

I have Plex running on a synology NAS on the same network. I would like to make a proxy pass. I’ve tried several things at this point, basically using the redirect app and editing it with tips I find online. I can get to the web UI for the NAS just fine from anywhere on LAN, I would like to be able to do the same form outside without having to go through Plex’s ecosystem for broadcasting and whatnot.

What I have now is the following:
Redirect App at both domain.tld/plex and plex.domain.tld. The first loads a blank screen with a bunch of 404’s in the console and the latter is giving me certificate issues even after I converted the certs from the proper domain into pkcs12 format.

I’m assuming others here have this working so any workflow/instructions would be appreciated. Thanks!

have you seen this app - redirect_ynh?

I use this to send my word.domain.tld to my local Docker jellyfin. This sort of sounds what you’re looking for.

Yes, I actually found my problem: in my confusion trying a lot of different things I didn’t notice one of the domains I had set didn’t have the let’s encrypt cert. once that was in place it worked like a charm! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.