Préfixes en *ynh.fr disponibles/ Prefixes in *ynh.fr available

[FR]

Bonjour,

Aujourd’hui j’annonce* la possibilité pour tous les utilisateurs de Yunohost d’ajouter des sous-domaines en *.ynh.fr en plus des préfixes déjà disponibles : en *.noho.st et en *.nohost.me. Il est donc plus court et plus à l’image de Yunohost. En outre il permet une meilleure mémorisation du sous-domaine concerné. Vous pouvez d’ores-et-déjà l’utiliser similairement aux autres sous-domaines.

La procédure d’ajout est la même que pour les autres : "Domaines" > "Ajouter un Domaine" > "Je n'ai pas de nom de domaine ..." > "blabla.ynh.fr" dans l’interface d’administration ou encore $ sudo yunohost domain add blabla.ynh.fr en ligne de commande.

Je vous souhaite à toutes et à tous une bonne continuation dans le monde de l’autohébergement.

frju365

*déjà annoncé lors de la dernière réunion

PS: La limite de domaines dyndns par instance (par ip) n’a quant à elle pas changé.

[EN]

Hello,

Today I announce* the possibility for all Yunohost users to add subdomains in *.ynh.fr in addition to the prefixes already available: in *.noho.st and *.nohost.me. It is therefore shorter and more in the image of Yunohost. Moreover it allows a better memorization of the concerned subdomain. You can already use it similarly to other sub-domains.

The add procedure is the same as for the others: "Domains" >"Add Domain" >"I don't have a domain name..." "blabla.ynh.fr" in the administration interface or $ sudo yunohost domain add blabla.ynh.fr on the command line.

I wish you all a good continuation in the world of self-hosting.

frju365

*already announced at the last meeting

PS: The limit of dyndns domains per instance (per ip) has not changed.

10 Likes

I’m not sure I understand this correctly. Will this allow me to create another subdomain in addition to the one I chose during my initial Yunohost install? Would this then be considered a unique domain for use on such applications as peertube or mobilizon which require a separate domain?

@lps this will not allow you to create another subdomain in addition to a .noho.st or .nohost.me one.It’s just another option to use in place of a .noho.st or a .nohost.me domain, when using a domain provide by yunohost ( for which there is a limit of one domain by instance of yunohost, as stated in the domains part of the admin documentation and in the p.s. of @frju365 message )

NB: if you have create the subdomain blob.noho.st you can create all subdomain of this subdomain with no limitation. Example : cloud.blob.noho.st, photo.blob.noho.st

2 Likes

This is incredible! Thanks for clearing this up:)

i was thinking we couldn’t create subdomain for the subdomain provide by yunohost ( as it is stated in the documentation page i linked :

Even if YunoHost allows the installation of applications on subdomains (for example, having the Owncloud application accessible from the cloud.mydomain.org address), this feature is not allowed with the nohost.me and noho.st domains and it is not possible to have a subdomain such as my application.mydomain.nohost.me .

)

thanks for the information @ljf

Yes indeed … that doc page should be fixed … feel free to propose a modification using the Edit button

2 Likes

thanks for the idea, i just submit a proposition using the edit button for this page and it french version. also i found out that the link to the localise version of this page are not redirect correctly ( for all language, even one with existing translate version, it redirect to the english version of the page, i think something went wrong because the page name end with «_me» and the localization check for the url catch it as a language extension, and as it’s not the extension of a available localization language it use the default language as a result )

2 Likes