Postgresql newer version?

The Postgres SQL database that comes with YunoHost by default is version 13.9 as far as I can tell.

The Debian 11 OS behind the current version of YunoHost has apt packages for newer versions: Postgresql-14 and Postgresql-15.

Is there any way within YunoHost of installing a more recent version of Postgresql? I have ssh access to my server and I know I could use apt install but I’m concerned this might break future YunoHost updates so I’d prefer to upgrade Postgresql in a “YunoHost-friendly” way if possible.

TIA,

Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia

1 Like

Why do you absolutely want to upgrade postgresql …

Database upgrades can be non-trivial especially if there is a large volume of data to be backed up/restored. Hence I prefer to start with the most recent stable version that is available.

I think it would be ideal if Yunohost made available the most recent stable version available within the OS it is based on.

YunoHost is Debian-based, and we’re not going to start shipping custom versions of every major software, this is a total pandora box. YunoHost is meant for people that just want things to work and hell, they should not even have to know what an SQL server is, just like 99% people driving cars probably don’t know what a carburetor is

3 Likes