[Postfix] Impossible receiving and sending emails

My yunohost server

Hardware: computer
YunoHost version: 3.8.4.9
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

From the recent (yesterday) update I cannot receive nor send emails.

In my mail.log I see this error message:

Jul 20 13:39:32 cybervalley postfix/submission/smtpd[31456]: fatal: bad boolean configuration: disable_vrfy_command = yessmtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_destination, permit

I see in my “new” /etc/postfix/main.cf a “strange” line:

disable_vrfy_command = yessmtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_destination, permit

With two “=” signs in the same line.

Is this correct?

I think I found the solution: the lines must to be two

disable_vrfy_command = yes

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_destination, permit

Now it seems working!

Only a little update: now the message from Automatic diagnosis says that there is a manual modification in /etc/postfix/main.cf

This is the output of command:

yunohost tools regen-conf postfix --dry-run --with-diff

Warning: The configuration file '/etc/postfix/main.cf' has been manually modified and will not be updated
`Testo preformattato`postfix:
  applied
  pending:
    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      diff: @@ -177,5 +177,4 @@
 # By default it's possible to detect if the email adress exist
 # So it's easly possible to scan a server to know which email adress is valid
 # and after to send spam
-disable_vrfy_command = yes
-smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_destination,
 permit
+disable_vrfy_command = yes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.