PluXml - Packing Applications, Good Practise Guidelines

Hi,

I worked this evening on packaging an application for yunohost, I have no experience about that and I would be happy if you could give me some advice to improve my application.

I chose PluXml which a simple application, I think it will be easier for me to learn how to package an application with this kind of software.

Right now, I can install and remove Pluxml and use it. I would like to reach a level 2 to start and add it to the community repository once it works well.

my app can be found here

Looking forward hearing from you.

Bonjour,

J’ai passĂ© la soirĂ©e Ă  packager une application pour Yunohost, c’est la premiĂšre fois que je le fais et je serai content si vous me donniez des conseils d’amĂ©liorations.

J’ai choisi PluXml qui me parait une application simple, idĂ©al pour dĂ©buter et apprendre Ă  packager.

Pour l’instant, je peux installer et dĂ©sinstaller l’application et l’utiliser.J’aimerai atteindre un niveau 2 et pourqoui pas la mettre sur le dĂ©pot community une fois que ça marche.

l’application est ici

J’attends de vos nouvelles.

Antoine

1 Like

Hello @ant0ine

The first thing is to have a look to the documentation about packaging, https://yunohost.org/#/packaging_apps_start_fr which should gives you a lot of information (if you didn’t read it already)

Having a look to your package, I see that you start with the example package, which is a very good start.
You’re talking about the level 2, does that mean that you already test your app with package_check ?
If not, that’s a pretty good way to know what works and what doesn’t.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask, either here or on our chat rooms.
We will answer all of them.

2 Likes

I have already been reading it :wink:

not yet, I am going to look at this tool

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

You could maybe be interested by that CI, Proposition for a new non-official CI which provide an easy way to use package_check.

If you have any question, do not hesitate.

package_check is a very interesting tool

I am still improving the script, I can not believe that all this checks are sucessful

1 Like

Pretty good news, that’s a good start :smiley:

ok, now I think that install/upgrade/remove is working now. :slight_smile:

I was looking at SSO, LDAP to reach Level 4, but I am not familiar with that.
Do you have some documentation to suggest or a “simple app” code that I could look at to understand how things work

Did you check first if the app is compatible with LDAP and HTTP Auth ?

EDIT: After a quick look, didn’t find anything about ldap or HTTP Auth in this app.
Maybe you could ask on the forum of this app, just to be sure.

I think it is not available. I waiting for an answer for Pluxml’s forum.

I set Level 4 = na in check_process and I am surprised to see that my application level is 3, even if 5,6 and 7 are successful. Is it a correct behavior of package_check ?

Please don’t do this :confused: Maybe Maniack will correct me, but na is not supposed to be used when “LDAP / SSO would be relevant but can’t be integrated right now”. na is supposed to mean “not relevant”. If LDAP / SSO would be relevant but is not / can not be integrated right now, then set it to “0”. I know it’s frustrating because you want to go to higher level but otherwise this is misleading 

We are currently reworking the level orders and meaning here : https://github.com/YunoHost/doc/pull/927

thank you for your feedback, I am going to set Level 4 to zero

If PluXml team certify that their app doesn’t support LDAP, then you can put the level 4 to ‘na’. Because you can’t do anything about it. That just the app itself doesn’t support it.
A way or another, link either an issue with an explanation, a comment, or even a link to the topic where you asked for it.

Update : I made a pull request and Pluxml is now available in the community list

2 Likes

Comment ajouter les plugins et d’autres thùmes ?

Merci !

1 Like

Bonjour ! Merci pour le paquet.
À l’installation on peut choisir la langue par dĂ©faut de PluXml.
Il manque «oc» dans la liste, manque de pot c’est celle que je veux
Peut-on l’ajouter Ă  la liste dĂ©roulante ?
Merci :slight_smile:

1 Like

Salut Quentin

Je viens tout juste de voir ton message, une issue sur le le dépot git aurait été plus visible pour moi https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/pluxml_ynh/issues

L’ajout d’une langue dans le script d’installation est assez simple, par contre je ne sais pas si “oc” (occitan ?) est supportĂ©
Si tu es dans l’urgence, tu peux faire l’installation en français puis plus tard allez dans les paramùtres pour passer en “oc”, je vais voir ce que je peux faire pour ajouter cette langue

edit : j’ia fait un rapide rapport de bug

tu peux y participer ou le suivre si tu veux

1 Like

Salut Antoine,
dĂ©solĂ© de t’avoir apostrophĂ© ici, en effet pour le suivi c’est mieux d’ouvrir une issue sur GitHub.
Oui oui OC pour occitan, et il est bien supporté par PluXml sans problÚme :wink:

salut @Quentin,

le problÚme est normalement résolu sur la branch testing, il faut que je prenne le temps de tester tout ça