I just wanted to report an error I have been seeing. The way I use my Pleroma instance means I’ll probably never encounter it in day-to-day use, as it only seems to happen when I am logged out and land on the instance login page, and I have my instance set up to land on my profile page instead. I still wanted to report the error here, though, as I was seeing it while setting everything up.
I have no idea if it’s already known about, so apologies if I’m repeating something.
In Admin FE > Settings > Instance, if I either:
- Activate the ‘Public’ setting (“Makes the client API in authenticated mode-only except for user-profiles”), or
- Go to ‘Restrict Authenticated’ section lower down and activate:
- Timelines > Federated (but not Local)
- Profiles > Remote (but not Local)
- Activites > Remote (but not Local)
…then I get an error message pop up saying something along the lines of, ‘Cannot load timeline: t.map is not a function’.
It works as intended, in that the Federated timeline (and if I select Local too, the Local timeline) is no longer viewable. But I have no idea what the error means or whether it’s significant that it pops up, so I thought I’d report it here.
It does not appear regardless of what settings I choose in the ‘Limit to local content :unauthenticated’ cell.