[Pixelfed] Changing config to allow iPhone video

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1.21.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Pixelfed 0.11.8~ynh5

Description of my issue

TLDR: Can’t enable iPhone video due to a PHP version issue.

Hi, I’m trying to enable iPhone/Quicktime video uploads for Pixelfed. Apparently it’s a simple matter of editing the .env file and adding video/QuickTime to the MEDIA_TYPES line (no idea why this isn’t enabled by default?!).

However, the next step is to clear the cache with command:

php artisan cache:clear

But when I do that, I get errors about the PHP version and I’m really not sure what to do to resolve them. I don’t want to just update PHP because I don’t want to break anything else…

The error I get is:

Composer detected issues in your platform:

Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.2.0". You are running 7.4.33.

PHP Fatal error:  Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.2.0". You are running 7.4.33. in /var/www/pixelfed/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24

Yes, exactly the same here. I edited the config file to allow the sending of mails since i’m not able to finish my own onboarding :clown_face:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.