Piwigo freezes the server

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.5.2.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain: NaN

Description of my issue

Hi !

I have an long running issue using Piwigo (I mean I don’t remember when this started to happen), which I only try to “fix it” recently: when navigating through some albums or single picture, the server freezes ! For several minutes or more. This freeze happen time to time.

Looking at some logs through the web interface, I found something like:

[12-May-2019 17:39:32] WARNING: [pool piwigo] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 9 total children

Here a more detail log from /var/log/php7.0-fpm.log.

Does someone have an idea ?

Side question: Is it better to ask here or to open an issue on github (piwigo_ynh) ?

Hi,

I’m not a Piwigo’s user nor a dev’ but some times ago I’ve increase the swap on my Raspberry Pi.
I’m not sure at all it can solve the problem but maybe it could help :

ppr

Thanks for your answer.
I already did this recently, and increased the swapfile to 500 Mo (by reading your post :smile: to install Roundcube, but I still prefer Rainloop ! ). But this did not change the Piwigo behavior :frowning:

So, it’s off-topic and I’m not going to rot it any further but my Raspberry Pi is online for the YunoHost Team in order to test installations in a container (continuous tests for applications on an ARM architecture).
I used to have issues because of the load and after increase swap step by step, I’ve finally found 1024 seems to be a good choice.

I let the log professionals, dev’ and mainteners take a closer look at this problem.

ppr

Hi,
You can also have a look at the Piwigo forum.
In particular, this thread may help you (regarding your error message with libgomp)

Good evening,

So, I did increase to 1024, and it seems to work faster (piwigo and the whole yunohost), but it did not work.
I looked also on the Piwigo forum, following the mention thread or others, but without any luck.
I finally increase the swap to 2048 Mo, without more success (although the server is more responsive again :slight_smile:).

It is not a big deal because I am not using it to much, but it was a good show case when showing Yunohost to others !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.