Paperless - ngx fails to ingest documents since last update!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 11.2.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: app v2.1.0-ynh1

Description of my issue

Two weeks ago I installed Paperless-ngx and started to use it in anger, find it very useful. However there was a recent upgrade to the app via the ynh GUI. Since that upgrade I am no longer able to upload documents. Any document I get gives the attached error.

I’m sorry but I’m just a simple user and would’t know where to look for a log. The rest of the app is fine, I just can’t upload new ones.

Many thanks

Dj

Yes, it’s what I tried to warn about: Testing - Upgrade to v2.1.0 (#46) by Tagadda · Pull Request #47 · YunoHost-Apps/paperless-ngx_ynh · GitHub.

1 Like

What a pity. I was becoming a regular user… Oh well thanks for the heads up although I have to say it didn’t really mean anything to me. Let’s hope there is work around or a new update. :wink:

dj

Restoring the previous version from a backup now gives a http 500 error when trying to upload a new document. Removing the app and installing the latest version from scratch also gives an http 500 error.

Now I’m stuck, neither the restored or the new versions work. :cry:

dj

Please share your logs :slight_smile:

This is from a fresh install of the latest version of paperless. (2.1.0)

I always get a 500 error. See attached.

[2023-12-10 10:43:02,774] [INFO] [paperless.management.consumer] Using inotify to watch directory for changes: /home/yunohost.app/paperless-ngx/consume
[2023-12-10 10:43:34,684] [DEBUG] [paperless.classifier] Document classification model does not exist (yet), not performing automatic matching.
[2023-12-10 10:43:38,206] [DEBUG] [paperless.classifier] Document classification model does not exist (yet), not performing automatic matching.
[2023-12-10 10:43:39,713] [DEBUG] [paperless.classifier] Document classification model does not exist (yet), not performing automatic matching.
[2023-12-10 10:43:40,742] [DEBUG] [paperless.classifier] Document classification model does not exist (yet), not performing automatic matching.
[2023-12-10 10:43:41,457] [DEBUG] [paperless.classifier] Document classification model does not exist (yet), not performing automatic matching.
[2023-12-11 23:08:23,734] [INFO] [paperless.management.consumer] Using inotify to watch directory for changes: /home/yunohost.app/paperless-ngx/consume
[2023-12-11 23:08:25,224] [INFO] [paperless.tasks] No automatic matching items, not training

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.13.34

Could you please share (via Yunoshare):

• your install logs
  • your paperless services logs

But with 2.1.0 I guess your issue mentioned above will stay

obvious gs is too old in bullsey (Ghostscript 9.53.3). in paperless upstream it is marked as “non bug” understandable but difficult for debian old stable user, like yunohost.
Is it safe to install from sid ?

today we have update paperless-ngx 2.1.3 still we cant upload files due to same ghostscript error. this is going to hurt

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.