Page certification problems with Peertube

Hardware: Lenvo ThinkCentre
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
Hello,

I’m using a Lenovo ThinkCentre with YunoHost11.0.10.2 .I have Mastodon set up at mxtthxw.art

I created a sub domain with my provider video.mxtthxw.art and installed Peertube, reading the instructions provided. I am able to access the site and login. However, on most browsers I am met with a warning NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID or that the site is unsafe.

I read in the documentation that HTTP is not supported. Is this why I’m getting the error? If so, how do I work around this?

I already have a let’s encrypt certificate for the main domain and this works ok with Mastodon. I have read that addressing can be tricky on another thread but I struggled to understand it. I also run Nextcloud on the machine which shares the IP but has it’s own unique DNS name.

Is this problem down the the Peertube installation or should I follow up with my DNS provider? There doesn’t appear to be any issue with finding the Peertube page, just the certification of it.

Please go easy on me, I find all this stuff very confusing and I struggle with some explanations, especially when lots of acronyms are involved. I have searched the forums but have been unable to find help that makes sense to me. If at all possible, please explain like I’m 5 years old. Apologies in advance for any potential stupidity.

I just want to share my videos in a simple, safe way.

Really appreciate any help!

Eeeeh can’t you just install a Lets Encrypt certificate on video.yourdomain.tld just like you did for Mastodon ?

Granted that things should be simpler than that, ie installing a Lets Encrypt certificate for the “parent” domain should be enough, cf Option to add (sub)domain with Let's Encrypt certificate / Simplify the UI flow · Issue #1634 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

Gosh I’m such an idiot!!!

Just went back to the original YNH install guide and saw I could install the certificate from the OS itself!
I was getting confused by the Cerbot install guides.

Thanks for getting back, feel free to call me idiot for all eternity!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.