[Owntracks] Location history

:uk: Owntracks app for Yunohost

Overview

Owntracks is an self-hostable location history application. Your location is sent from your mobile device to your Owntracks instance, which stores it in the database. Your travels are then displayed on a map on your server.

Owntracks can send data to a MQTT or a web server. Here, the app uses a PHP interface to receive, store and display the location history.

Responsive view

Documentation

Features

Integration with YunoHost

• Multi-user: any YunoHost user can send their location to the app
  • Private mode mandatory: the app only displays the location of the connected user.
  • Installation at root of domain, or on a path

Development status

Version 0.1-beta.8 needs testing !
Issues : Issues · YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh · GitHub

Installation

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh

Refer to the README to configure the mobile apps.

:fr: Application Owntracks pour Yunohost

Description

Owntracks est une application auto-hébergée pour suivre ses déplacements. Votre emplacement est envoyé de téléphone (ou tout autre appareil nomade) à l’app qui se charge de l’enregistrer dans sa base de donnée. Les déplacements sont affichés dans l’app sur une carte.

Owntracks peut envoyer les données à un serveur MQTT ou web. Ici, l’app utilise une interface PHP pour recevoir, stocker et afficher votre historique de localisation.

Responsive view

Documentation

Fonctionnalités

Intégration avec YunoHost

• Multi-utilisateur: tout utilisateur du serveur YunoHost peut envoyer son emplacement
  • Mode privĂ© obligatoire: l’app n’affiche l’historique d’emplacement que de l’utilisateur connectĂ©
  • Installation en tĂŞte de domaine, ou sur un chemin

État du développement

Version 0.1-beta.8 : testeurs demandés !
Problèmes : Issues · YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh · GitHub

Installation

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh

Référez-vous au README pour configurer les apps mobiles

2 Likes

So, installation went without a problem. Great job!

I installed the android app and pointed it to my server, according to your documentation. Went flawlessly, too.

But no data is visible in the yunohost-frontend. Looking at the looks, this could be the problem:

[26-Feb-2018 18:46:53] WARNING: [pool owntracks] child 20246 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mysqli_stmt::get_result() in /var/www/owntracks/map_points.php on line 39"

Thank you for testing !

After investigation, we need to activate a driver mysqlnd for php.

Can you try to install this testing branch through the command line ?

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh/tree/mysqlnd-patch

I created an issue regarding this matter there : https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh/issues/1#issue-300393065

v0.1-beta.8 released : mysqlnd requirement has been removed, and waypoints can be deleted.

Thanks to @rafi59 and @rndmh3ro for their reported issues.

1 Like

Owntracks has been updated! :slight_smile:

Changelog:

• Support for Stretch
  • mysqlnd is finally not required (I had forgotten to remove the dependency in last version)
  • A bug in the upgrade script has been fixed
1 Like

Hi all, a new testing release is available. :slight_smile:

• testing branch: 2020-07-08, PR #14
    • Package overhaul to latest standards
    • Permissions system integration
    • Compliance with PHP version handling
1 Like

there is no config page like described in the doc or tutorials like this one, is that normal?

The package is quite outdated. I had to fork the initial repo to make the code compatible with YNH, and never tried to update it afterwards.

Okey @tituspijean well what is for sure is that I don’t have access to any configuration screen for the api key etc but I totally understand your situation.
I thought that since you ve put up a new testing version 30 days ago it was up to date. I don t know how you did sync your phone and this webapp back then

Bonjour,
n’ayant pas la possibilité d’installer owntrack sur mon smartphone (seulement OSMAND), j’ai vu qu’il était possible d’envoyer des requêtes http (ce que permet osmand).
Mon anglais étant ce qu’il est, j’ai un peu de mal à comprendre comment faire.
Auriez vous une idée du lien qu’il faudrait créer?
Merci

1 Like

The frontend doensnt show the download button (at least not for me in my current installation) which other screenshots show. So I searched the documentation if there are other ways to get my data out of OwnTracks, be it geoJSON or GPX. It mentions the ocat command which I tried by SSH but it doesnt seem present.

But then I saw someone mentions this package is outdated.

Is this the right place to ask if the package gets an update?
Are there any other Owntracks users needing it?

Posted an issue at Github for request to change upstream code repository used in packaging for YunoHost.
Change upstream code package · Issue #25 · YunoHost-Apps/owntracks_ynh (github.com)

1 Like

Hi joeldebruijn,

After reading your post in the other thread, I had a look at Owntracks.

The current upstream version seems to save location data in a database, either MariaDB/MySQL or SQLite. The Yunohost install-script creates a MySQL database.

This is the table layout:

CREATE TABLE `locations` (
  `dt` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `accuracy` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `altitude` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `battery_level` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `heading` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `description` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `event` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `latitude` decimal(9,6) DEFAULT NULL,
  `longitude` decimal(9,6) DEFAULT NULL,
  `radius` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `trig` varchar(1) DEFAULT NULL,
  `tracker_id` char(2) DEFAULT NULL,
  `epoch` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `vertical_accuracy` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `velocity` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `pressure` decimal(9,6) DEFAULT NULL,
  `connection` varchar(1) DEFAULT NULL,
  `user` TINYTEXT NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;

Are you familiar enough with databases to select this data from your database as a usable format?

1 Like