Overleaf - What domain is actually used to access the app?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+ (+ SSD), at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I would like to test if Overleaf can run smoothly on my hardware but, when installing the App, no subdomain or url path information is to be defined, as it is the case for other Apps (e.g. for Nextcloud or Transmission).

What does this mean?

• that the URL path cannot be chosen, and that it will be, for instance “myDomain.com/overleaf/”?
  • that overleaf will be hosted at my “root” domain, i.e. “myDomain.com”? In this case, how will I be able to access my other Apps?

Thanks for any information!

Nobody has this information?

Hello,

If the app does not ask for a path but only a domain, indeed that means it will require the full use of that domain and no other app will be installable on it.

To circumvent that, I suggest you create a dedicated subdomain, like latex.mydomain.example.

Thank you @tituspijean!

Now I have to look at how to create/manage subdomains…

If you have a domain provided by YunoHost (nohost.me, noho.st, ynh.fr), then it’s as simple as creating any other domain, by selecting “I already have a domain” in the creation form of the webadmin.

If you don’t, it’s the same steps, but you also have to setup your DNS records accordingly. Follow the documentation and/or the Diagnosis page advice.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.