[Osada] Cannot upgrade Osada

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer /
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | All of the above
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no /

Description of my issue

Hello folks,

I cannot get Osada upgraded. Did nothing special. Just went to upgrade section, had all packages upgraded (after some struggle) and then run “All apps” – and it stopped…

Here’s the log: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/zixarihuru

1 Like

I have the same thing, with the last or penultimate update and the last two days, as always, I wanted to install it on a real server that has been running all the time under Yunohost.
The same version 4.2.6.1 (stable). Like you. The bad thing, the problem started yesterday, during the update and Nextcloud was added. Nextcloud, didn’t want to update itself yesterday and neither did it today.
But under which the standard update was already bad. Because
Previously, the errors appeared in the substructure during the update. It was then already clear to me that bugs would appear.
But everything worked fine except for the Nextcloud. Updated with problems, the connection to the server got worse and worse. Contact interruption again and again.
Then I did, because I think that it was done in advance by not updating via terminal via SSH and was able to install the Nextcloud via terminal. Nevertheless, the rest is no longer running from Mastrodon and WordPress and other things.
I think that’s because of the substructure when updating the substructure, which is important for Debian on my server.
I hope you can find a solution

Dasselbe habe ich auch, durch das letzte oder vorletzte Update und das die letzten zwei Tage wie immer wollte ich, es installieren auf einem echten Server der schon die ganze Zeit unter Yunohost läuft.
Die selber Version 4.2.6.1 (stable). Wie du. Das schlimme, das Problem fing gestern schon an, bei der Aktualisierung und Nextcloud kam dann noch dazu. Nextcloud, wollte gestern nicht sich Aktualisierung und heute genauso wenig.
Doch unter dem die Standardaktualisierung lief schon schlecht. Denn
Zuvor tauchten die Fehler auf beim Unterbau beim Aktualisierung schon auf. Da war es mir schon klar, das Bugs auftauchen wĂĽrde.
Doch er hat alles bis auf die Nextcloud geklappt. Mit Problemen aktualisiert hat sich die Verbindung zum Server immer schlechter gemacht. Kontaktabbruch immer wieder.
Dann habe ich, weil ich denke das es schon im Vorfeld durch das nicht Aktualisierung über terminal per SSH und konnte die Nextcloud installieren über Terminal. Trotzdem der Rest läuft auch nicht mehr von Mastrodon und WordPress und weiteren Dingen.
Ich denke das liegt am Unterbau bei der Aktualisierung im unterbau also die fĂĽr Debian auf meinem Server wichtig sind.
Ich hoffe das man eine Losung findet

Thanks to Anmol Sharma, via https://z.macgirvin.com/channel/zap I got the solution:
Connect via ssh, then issue:

cd /var/www/osada
sudo git reset --hard
sudo git checkout release
sudo git pull

Back to yunohost admin web interface and do the update the usual way.

Works like a charm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.