OpenVPN Server Installation

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online (Contabo)
YunoHost version: I suppose it is the latest one due to the fact that I installed it last week.
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No.

Description of my issue

I have been looking for installing OpenVPN into my VPS to connect it via my modem since I installed YunoHost. I came across a number of topics that are no longer be installed. In addition, the official OpenVPN package did not work either. Thus, I installed OpenVPN from another source (https://github.com/angristan/openvpn-install). It worked de facto. Everything was good until I have tried to connect to the internet. OpenVPN successfully connected to the server, I opened the ports from YunoHost admin panel, etc. The VPN did not give my computer an IP. I wanted to share some information; nevertheless, I could not find literally anything about the issue. OpenVPN GUI managed to establish the connection but I could not use the Internet. Moreover, when I installed OpenVPN, Nginx was broken and I could not find the reason behind it. I wanted to share logs; however, with panic, I returned my old snapshot. I am not a guy who has technical skills. I just want to use VPN and YunoHost. I want to go through with your guidance.

Can you clarify if you want to use your server as a VPN server, or if you want your server to use an existing VPN as a client

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer and time. I want to use my server as a VPN server.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.