Old email address issue

Hello,

I encounter an issue that seems to have something to do with Postfix, but I am not 100% sure and I don’t know how to fix it.

I previously had two different email addresses on the same Yunohost install. Two different domain names (one for each address) but only one user (me).

Since I changed the mail DNS settings for one of them and remove the related email address from my aliases in Yunohost (I don’t need it anymore), I can’t send any mail to this address from my other one (still in use). I receive this error in Thunderbird: “Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table”.

Worst, the contact form of a Wordpress install on the same server doesn’t work anymore either since the recipient of this form is the address previously set on the same server.

I don’t know if this is possible but I guess that the server is trying to send the emails to the recipient directly in the server itself (not via the current DNS) and because it can’t find the address previously stored, the emails are just lost and an error message shows up in Thunderbird.

I did a diagnosis that didn’t detect any issue with the mails. I also restarted the server just in case but it doesn’t change anything to the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Léo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.