Not seeing newest Gitea in catalog

• READ ME AND USE THIS TEMPLATE IF YOU WANT TO GET HELP ! You may ask your question in english or french, whichever is easiest for you… But please use one of the templates provided below :wink:
  • LISEZ-MOI ET UTILISEZ CE MODÈLE DE TOPIC SI VOUS SOUHAITEZ OBTENIR DE L’AIDE ! Vous pouvez poser votre question en anglais ou français, selon ce qui est le plus simple pour vous… Mais de préférence en utilisant l’un des deux modèles fournis ci-dessous :wink:

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

The “support” category is meant to ask for help or troubleshooting related to installing or using YunoHost or its applications. It is not to ask assistance on general system administration, network administration or special use cases that goes beyond the scope of the project. If you wish to discuss more advanced use case, please post in the “Advanced Use Case” category.

Before posting, please :

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS
YunoHost version: 4.3.6
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Sorry if this is incredibly obvious–I just did my first YunoHost installation today. I went to install Gitea, but did a doubletake when seeing that the latest version in the catalog is 1.4.5 while the latest released version is 1.5.10.

I then went to the package repository linked from the catalog, and its README claims it’s shipping 1.5.10. So, a few questions:

1. Why is the catalog version outdated, and is there a way I can get the updated version to show in the catalog?
  2. Assuming there are more hoops to jump through, I see that I can install a custom app. Will this keep the app updated when the Git repo is updated with newer versions?
  3. If I do install Gitea via the custom method, will this cause issues if it ever gets added to the catalog at its new, updated version?

Thanks, this project looks great so far!

1 Like

You missed my answer on matrix…

Gitea master → 1.14.5
Gitea testing → 1.15.10

Ah, missed it because I broke Matrix .well-known delegation on my main domain while setting this up. Sorry, should arrive shortly.
But I notice the version jumps from 1.4.5 to 1.5.10. Does that indicate this package wasn’t updated in YunoHost since 1.4.5?
Also, how do I install the testing version? Entering the git URL directly just fetched 1.4.5.
Thanks.

You can use this to install or upgrade to upgrade to version 1.16.1

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/gitea_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade gitea -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/gitea_ynh/tree/testing --debug
1 Like

Thanks!

One more question. If I install the testing version, will I have issues switching/migrating my data over to the released version when it becomes available?

no, you will get notified when a new version is available like a normal upgrade

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.