Not able to register a YNH domain

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 11.1.18
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I hope this is the right section…

I have tried to register a new domain using nohost.me however when I try I get a message saying:

You have already subscribed to a DynDNS domain

I know that you can only have 1 free domain…

I have had domains in the past which I have cancelled in the correct section of this forum and am not showing any domains in my domains list. I have tried:

yunohost dyndns update --force

which returns:

Info: Updated needed, going on...
Info: The operation 'Update the IP associated with your YunoHost subdomain 'dj.nohost.me'' could not be completed. Please share the full log of this operation using the command 'yunohost log share 20230421-184149-dyndns_update-dj.nohost.me' to get help
Error: Domain 'dj.nohost.me' unknown

The domain dj.nohost.me was cancelled and confirmed as cancelled a few weeks ago, but it seems that it s stuck somewhere, so my system syas that I have a domain already, but I don’t but I would like…

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for making this domain service available.

Best wishes

Dj

It’s because the domain is already registered.

dig mx dj.nohost.me +short
10 dj.nohost.me.

dig a dj.nohost.me +short

So, if the ipv4 is not related to you, it means that the domain may have been taken by somebody else.

@tierce yes I understand that. I’m not trying to register dj.nohost.me, that was a domain that I once had and de-registered but for some reason it is stuck in my setup preventing me from setting up a new one.

If I go to dj.nohost.me it goes to the admin login, and I can login, however dj.nohost.me is not listed in my domains list.

I can see from the forum that I requested it to be removed on the 26th March and it was confirmed as deleted on the 11th April, but some how I still have it hidden away in my system and I dont know how I can get rid of it, until I do that I cant register any new YHN domains

Many thanks

Dj

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.