No ICEcoder entry in YunoHost Portal after install

Hardware: Oracle VirtualBox Version 7.0.6 r 155176 (Qt5.15.2)
YunoHost version: 11.2.10
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello YunoHost Community,

I have successfully installed ICEcoder via the YunoHost administration panel. While I can see and access other applications like My Webapp and Nextcloud from the main YunoHost webpage, ICEcoder does not appear in the list of accessible applications.

Furthermore, when I navigate to Administration > Applications and locate ICEcoder in the installed applications list, there’s no “Open this app” button available, which is usually present for other applications.

Here are the steps I’ve taken and the observations made:

1. Installed ICEcoder through the YunoHost admin panel.
  2. ICEcoder does not appear on the main page with other installed web applications.
  3. In the admin panel under installed applications, ICEcoder is listed, but without an option to open it.
  4. Running sudo yunohost app map in the terminal does not show a mapped URL for ICEcoder.

It seems that ICEcoder is installed but not integrated correctly into YunoHost’s application map. I’m unsure how to proceed to make ICEcoder accessible. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or can provide guidance on how to resolve this?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the yunohost community!

Is the “Visible as tile in user portal” activated in the app page, in your webadmin interface?

Otherwise I don’t kow how to help you with this issue and as icecoder is deprecated, the package will not be updated :confused:

Thanks for your response OniriCorpe.
The “Visible as tile in user portal” option is not available from the ICEcoder application interface as it is for other installed apps. Also, I did not know that ICEcoder was deprecated. I guess I’m SOL.

I have the same problem, in addiction if a do a grep inside the nginx configuration there isn’t any icecoder configuration.

If icecoder is considered deprecated, what is the alternative?
Iḿ looking for and easy web editor for mywebapp.

Regards.

You can check for alternatives on https://alternativeto.net/software/icecoder/?platform=self-hosted

I don’t know if any of them (except YunoHost app store | code-server) is packaged for yunohost, but feel free to add the one you like the most on the ynh wishlist

you can also try YunoHost app store | Slingcode

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.