No apps offered to install on the webadmin page

Update 2: Bad news, half the apps don’t work any more. So there is a more substantial problem. For example,

• Syncthing gives me a 502 bad gateway error
  • Baikal says " Baïkal was not able to establish a connexion to the configured MySQL database (as configured in config/baikal.yaml)."
  • Agendav doesn’t start at all
  • Roundcube says cannot connect to database

Only Searx and Shiori seem to work normally.

So I guess it’s reinstalling with a new card now :frowning:

Thank you for your kind words and your perseverance :slight_smile:

Yes indeed, that was what I hoped would be the case.

I had a look in my /var/cache/-directory. As a ‘cache’-dir, I would not expect vital information there, and there is nothing that relates to myqsl in my case (there is an empty postgres-directory).

Most unfortunate!

Depending on your plans, seeing you run an 8GB version of the RPi4, would installing to eMMC be an option?

I’m too cheap to have the latest versions of real RPi’s, so I’m not familiar with specifics of Raspbian (I recall the RPi-Yuno-image being based off of Raspbian).

With space limited to 8GB you will run into limitations quickly when using Nextcloud as a smartphone backup targed, for example, and then into the little-bit-more-advanced territory of adding HDD/SSD via USB and moving mount points to external storage. How much space did you use by now on the SD card?

… slightly embarrassed to say I don’t know what eMMC is, nor how I find out how much space is used so far on the SD card :grimacing: But I only installed a handful of apps to play around.

I don’t have any hi-flying plans for the YunoHost, but I was thinking that I might put a large SSD on the Raspberry and running Nextcloud. Currently I use Nextcloud in a paid hosting service. This is not for high performance use, just to store photos, music etc. there. But that’s only step by step, as I learn more about all this. You think I can’t really do this on a Raspi 4 with 8 GB?

It’s a lot of fun to me, and fortunately I’m not so easily discouraged. Life experience tells me if I can’t figure it out now, maybe in 3 or 6 months I can…

How much space left

df - h

sudo du -shc * | sort -h
2 Likes

Sorry, that is not at all what I meant to imply!

You know? (click to open)

I always thought the RPi 4 came with embedded storage. eMMC is the most common ‘on board’ flash, and 8 GB seemed a nice amount of on board flash for a little board. I just had a look at the specs, to find out that it is 8 GB of RAM :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, now that I know that, installing on the RPi itself is not an option.

@jarod5001 's commands are exactly what help you find out storage usage, df for ‘disk free’ (faster, high level, per partition), while du gives ‘disk usage’ (slower, more detailed info on many levels possible).

Coming back to moving from paid Nexctcloud to your Yunohost: your RPi should be more than adequate. Using an SSD (or even HDD) is very preferable over an SD card. Your current Nexctloud plan should give you quite a good idea what size of SSD/HDD works for you.
SD cards should (and often will) have no problems. But when there is a problem, like in your case, it comes with no warning. Like I said before: I ran Yunohost (with Nextcloud and Matrix as the heaviest apps) on Orange Pi Zero’s with no problems worth mentioning, on the same SD card as you use. These have 512 MB of RAM (and a swap file on SD card).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.