Nextcloud won't install on a fresh install of D9 and Yunohost

My YunoHost configuration

Hardware: x64 dedicated server
Internet access: in a datacenter (with unlimited of traffic)
YunoHost version:
yunohost: 3.3.4
yunohost-admin: 3.3.1
moulinette: 3.3.1
ssowat: 3.3.2
Have you personalized your yunohost with some specifics configurations or do you use only the yunohost cli/webadmin tool ? No personalization has been done. Fresh install of Debian 9 and fresh install of Yunohost.

Hello everyone,

I’m having problems getting Nextcloud up and running. This is the error log.

It is a totally clean install of Debian 9 fully up to date. Yunohost was installed via the curl method.

I’m a bit clueless as to what’s causing the problem, I can’t seem to pin point anything in the log.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Uh yea that is pretty weird :

2019-01-23 15:56:35,132: WARNING - /usr/bin/fakeroot: 178: /usr/bin/fakeroot: debian/rules: Permission denied
2019-01-23 15:56:35,132: DEBUG - + cp /tmp/nextcloud-ynh-deps.control /tmp/tmp.5T7zvdPip1/control
2019-01-23 15:56:35,133: WARNING - Error in the build process: exit status 126
2019-01-23 15:56:35,133: DEBUG - + cd /tmp/tmp.5T7zvdPip1
2019-01-23 15:56:35,133: WARNING - Unable to install dependencies
2019-01-23 15:56:35,133: DEBUG - + equivs-build ./control

I don’t have much clue what I’m talking about, but this thread suggests that installing the package make might help …

Can you try to run apt install make (from the command line in SSH) then re-try the install ?

Or maybe @Maniack_Crudelis might have an idea of what’s behind this issue

The output of this is:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
make is already the newest version (4.1-9.1).
make set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Not sure what’s up :man_shrugging:

Well… first thing first…

Then…
It appears, after digging into the code, reason why I made this PR by the way, that it could be an error with equivs, in case it’s running in a directory mounted with noexec.
Here, it would be /tmp/tmp.5T7zvdPip1, so especially /tmp.
In order to verify that, could you please simply run

mount
1 Like

Here’s the output of that:

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=16418572k,nr_inodes=4104643,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=3286064k,mode=755)
rpool/ROOT/debian-stretch on / type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,noacl)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-    agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs(rw,relatime,fd=32,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=1210)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
rpool/var on /var type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,noacl)
rpool/var/tmp on /var/tmp type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,noacl)
rpool/tmp on /tmp type zfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,xattr,noacl)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,relatime)

Edit: Follow up - it seems installing Roundcube has the same problem when installing. /usr/bin/fakeroot: 178: /usr/bin/fakeroot: debian/rules: Permission denied

Full log here.

This maybe has something to do with how my mounts are setup? I installed Debian root on ZFS. The process outlined here. But I don’t see what the problem could be, I have a /tmp directory with permissions 1777 like a typical install would.

As said

Ohh. I missed that before. I ran: mount -o remount,exec /tmp and it works as it should.

Case closed. Thanks!