Nextcloud vs Seafile?

• Nexcloud
  • Seafile

0 voters

Bonsoir,

Je suis actuellement en réflexion.
Les deux applications me semblent très bien, l’une plus complète (calendrier, contact …) mais l’autre plus aboutit sur la partie fichier.

L’inconvénient c’est que Nextcloud me semble quand même une belle usine vis-à-vis de Seafile, surtout en cas de update etc …

Qu’elle est votre avis et pourquoi l’un ou l’autre ?

Merci.

Good evening,

I am currently in reflection.
The two applications seem very good to me, one more complete (calendar, contact…) but the other more successful on the file part.

The disadvantage is that Nextcloud still seems to me to be a nice factory for Seafile, especially in case of updates etc…

What is your opinion and why do you think so?

Thank you.

if you finally decide to use seafile, you can have calendar, contacts etc with SOGO… https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/sogo_ynh

Or you can have baikal, agendav, roundcube, to have the same…

IMHO I prefer nextcloud + roundcube + z-push (for sync with phone and tablet)

automated translation:
si vous décidez finalement d’utiliser seafile, vous pouvez avoir un calendrier, des contacts etc avec SOGO… https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/sogo_ynh_ynh

Ou vous pouvez avoir baïkal, agendav, roundcube, pour avoir le même…

IMHO Je préfère nextcloud + roundcube + z-push (pour la synchronisation avec le téléphone et la tablette)

1 Like

Bonjour,
J’ai voté Nextcloud un peu rapidement : je ne connais pas Seafile.
Du coup j’ai envie d’essayer Seafile pour pouvoir comparer en toute objectivité.
En fait, je suis plutôt : qu’importe le flacon…

Hello,

For me the adventages of seafile, is mostly the efficiency. The core is written in c, so it’s really more efficient when you have a big things to synchronize. Seadrive is also a feature that I really like with seafile.

seafile copie netxcloud

Il serait intéressant de développer …

For me, the main problem I have with Seafile is that I can’t desynchronize sub-folders inside a library (I think we can only on the pro version), whereas with Nextcloud it’s extremely simple.

On the other hand, the downside of Nextcloud is its resource consumption…

En ce qui me concerne, le principal problème que j’ai avec Seafile, c’est que je ne peux pas désynchroniser des sous-dossiers à l’intérieur d’une bibliothèque (je crois qu’on ne peut que sur la version pro), alors qu’avec Nextcloud c’est extrêmement simple.

Par contre, l’inconvénient de Nextcloud, c’est sa consommation en ressources…

For me, the main problem I have with Seafile is that I can’t desynchronize sub-folders inside a library (I think we can only on the pro version)

Well don’t really understand what you mean. I can synchronize and desynchronize a folder in a library.

Well, maybe I missed that, but with the Seafile client I see how to synchronize a folder in a library but not how I can desynchronize a folder or subfolder inside the library.

With Nextcloud I can just uncheck a folder to desynchronize it.

Hello all!

I’m :up:ing this topic with an additional question for @Josue and the others who are using Seafile: are you using the Android app? If yes, what’s your experience with it?

The seafile Android app work well on my phone. I recommand it.

2 Likes