Nextcloud trash full

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Good morning!

I have Nextcloud installed on my server, and it seems like the trash is now full. At least that’s what I make of the result of tail -n3 /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log. I post the content here:

{“reqId”:“hxFAOx7AZqGg1uCkMUnQ”,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-12-08T11:00:26+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“backup”,“method”:“”,“url”:“–”,“message”:“error while running differential backup - [{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/apps\/backup\/lib\/Cron\/Backup.php","line":126,"function":"runDifferentialBackup","class":"OCA\\Backup\\Cron\\Backup","object":{},"type":" → ","args":},{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/apps\/backup\/lib\/Cron\/Backup.php","line":115,"function":"runBackup","class":"OCA\\Backup\\Cron\\Backup","object":{},"type":" → ","args":[1670497223]},{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/apps\/backup\/lib\/Cron\/Backup.php","line":97,"function":"manage","class":"OCA\\Backup\\Cron\\Backup","object":{},"type":" → ","args":},{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php","line":54,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Backup\\Cron\\Backup","object":{},"type":" → ","args":[null]},{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/TimedJob.php","line":60,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job","object":{},"type":" → ","args":[{},{}]},{"file":"\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/cron.php","line":151,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","object":{},"type":" → ","args":[{},{}]}]”,“userAgent”:“–”,“version”:“24.0.7.1”,“data”:{“app”:“backup”}}
{“reqId”:“OKjpxOanANIIJ9ZUvBDh”,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-12-08T11:16:13+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“core”,“method”:“”,“url”:“–”,“message”:“Error while running background job (class: OCA\Activity\BackgroundJob\EmailNotification, arguments: )”,“userAgent”:“–”,“version”:“24.0.7.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Object of class OC\User\User could not be converted to string”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log.php”,“line”:402,“function”:“strtr”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log.php”,“line”:323,“function”:“interpolateMessage”,“class”:“OC\Log”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Logger.php”,“line”:125,“function”:“logException”,“class”:“OC\Log”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/lib/MailQueueHandler.php”,“line”:420,“function”:“logException”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Logger”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/lib/MailQueueHandler.php”,“line”:165,“function”:“sendEmailToUser”,“class”:“OCA\Activity\MailQueueHandler”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/lib/BackgroundJob/EmailNotification.php”,“line”:61,“function”:“sendEmails”,“class”:“OCA\Activity\MailQueueHandler”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php”,“line”:54,“function”:“run”,“class”:“OCA\Activity\BackgroundJob\EmailNotification”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php”,“line”:60,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\BackgroundJob\Job”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/cron.php”,“line”:151,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\BackgroundJob\TimedJob”,“type”:“->”}],“File”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log.php”,“Line”:402,“message”:“Error while running background job (class: OCA\Activity\BackgroundJob\EmailNotification, arguments: )”,“CustomMessage”:“Error while running background job (class: OCA\Activity\BackgroundJob\EmailNotification, arguments: )”}}
{“reqId”:“mvsMOJvPZC8UTXNkvDtk”,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-12-08T11:17:41+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“87.145.28.243”,“user”:“lars”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“DELETE”,“url”:“/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/lars/Pictures/_31_Import_Handy_Lars/PIC_20221015_122920_DSC_0003.JPG”,“message”:“rename(): Write of 8192 bytes failed with errno=28 No space left on device at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#364”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/3.4.0stable-Win64 (build 20211129) (Nextcloud, windows-10.0.19044 ClientArchitecture: x86_64 OsArchitecture: x86_64)”,“version”:“24.0.7.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“rename(): Write of 8192 bytes failed with errno=28 No space left on device at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#364”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“function”:“onError”,“class”:“OC\Log\ErrorHandler”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php”,“line”:364,“function”:“rename”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php”,“line”:587,“function”:“rename”,“class”:“OC\Files\Storage\Local”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php”,“line”:595,“function”:“moveFromStorage”,“class”:“OC\Files\Storage\Local”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin/lib/Storage.php”,“line”:239,“function”:“moveFromStorage”,“class”:“OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin/lib/Trashbin.php”,“line”:323,“function”:“moveFromStorage”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Trashbin\Storage”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin/lib/Trash/LegacyTrashBackend.php”,“line”:107,"function

I then tried to follow the instructions from here: Espace disponible - #6 by Quent, but when I try sudo -u nextcloud php occ trashbin:cleanup --all-users it gets me this message:

Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available

There are no commands defined in the "trashbin" namespace.  

My goal is to clean the trash and then be able to access my Nextcloud installation again.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

navigate to:
/var/www/nextcloud/config
check your config.php its looks like it damaged by some update or upgrade you’ve made,
in case it damaged, you should have a backup of config.php in:
/var/www/nextcloud/updater

if you find your backup file, first make a backup to the current one and then copy the old file into the current config folder and replace the damaged file, then run your command again

Thanks for your swift response. In /var/www/nextcloud/updater there are only these two files:

index.php updater.phar

I don’t know how I can check whether the config.php is damaged. Can you point me in a direction here?

Hi,

if the updater folder is empty, or config.php is missing in it, ot means nextcloud never being updated,
cause in case of update there should be a copy of config.php,
in some other versions might the config.php will be located in other path,
you actually need to check if there are no copies in at the root of nextcloud here:
/var/www/nextcloud/

though i don’t think you will find anything there if the program being never updated,
config.php should be filled wholly with a lot of the installation configuration and details / information, such as database password, and so on and so forth, it should be filled with many lines,

in most cases when it got defected (and it not rare) it become half empty, or sometimes just salt being left in there, in your case it cant be just the salt being left cause you’re able to login,
but other things are possible to be got ruined,
i don’t use that program more than several years i did try it in 2018 and it was more than enough for me to get only troubles with it,
the whole internet is full with issues people have with nextcloud,
issues such as you wake up at the morning and the program just decided not to be working anymore,
whatever you will success to get over it somehow remember to always backup your nextcloud, you need to be little bit paranoid with this script on performing an often backup’s,

you can try to paste your config.php here while you should remove all the sensitive details such as salt, password, etc i will try to check if anything is unusual

even if we will find something unusual in the file i don’t think we will have what to do with it, cause we don’t have a backup of the original file,

if no one is providing any answer here, which is actually not related to yunohost at all, you could try the nextcloud forum might there somebody will be able to point you better, if that doesn’t helps, maybe you will have considering reinstalling it after you do a backup of your data,

i think the best for now is tying the nextcloud forum,

Thank you izakis for your reply. I will try to reinstall the app and go on from there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.