Nextcloud totally broken after recent update

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dell PowerEdge at my home

YunoHost version: 11.2.7

I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Nextcloud has been behaving strangely for a day or two (uploads weren’t working, error about ‘malformed server configuration’). Today I saw there was an update to Nextcloud (to 27.1.4), and I took it hoping that this would fix the issue. Now Nextcloud does not work at all. When I try to visit the location in my browser, I get a page that says:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log."

I just want to get it working again. I’m not sure what to look for in the logs, but /var/log/nextcloud/ is totally empty.

Here’s the log from the upgrade today:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/golizimote

Happy to provide any other logs requested, and thanks for any assistance!

I have unistalled Nextcloud and rebooted the server. Now I cannot install Nextcloud again. Here is the logs from the failed install:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/timeyiwive

I’ve managed to reinstall Nextcloud by deleting the /home/yunohost.api/nextcloud folder. I don’t know what was wrong, but at least I have Nextcloud again, and I’m trying to restore my contacts and calendars.

Seems to be just a write permission issue on a folder… strange

2023-12-03 11:57:03,688: DEBUG - + sudo -u nextcloud php8.2 --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ --no-interaction --no-ansi maintenance:install --database mysql --database-name nextcloud --database-user nextcloud --database-pass ********** --admin-user admin --admin-pass ********** --data-dir /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/data
2023-12-03 11:57:03,793: DEBUG - Cannot create or write into the data directory /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/data
2023-12-03 11:57:03,801: DEBUG - + ynh_die '--message=Unable to install Nextcloud'
2023-12-03 11:57:03,816: WARNING - Unable to install Nextcloud
2023-12-03 11:57:03,817: DEBUG - + ynh_exit_properly
2023-12-03 11:57:03,817: DEBUG - + [[ install =~ ^install$|^upgrade$|^restore$ ]]
2023-12-03 11:57:05,318: ERROR - Unable to install nextcloud: An error occurred inside the app installation script

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.