Nextcloud "This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Small box at home
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

When one of the #Nextcloud users is opening the base folder for files in Nextcloud web it will show the above error message.
Synchronizing or access with the Desktop App or Android App does not work with some errors as well, but this must be the same problem, so Iā€™d prefer to solve it via webinterface, as I can easily log to NC with her account, but do not have access to her phone/computer.

Version is: Nextcloud 22.2.3

In Nextcloud in the admin area in the log I see:

[webdav] Fatal: Host violates local access rules

PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/
from MY_IPv6 by USERNAME at 2022-01-30T13:41:59+00:00

and

[no app in context] Warning: Host 127.0.0.1 was not connected to because it violates local access rules

PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/
from MY_IPv6 by USERNAME at 2022-01-30T13:41:59+00:00

Some search results suggested to run this command:
sudo -u nextcloud php occ ldap:show-remnants
which returned nothing:

+----------------+--------------+----------+---------+------------+-------------+-----+--------+
| Nextcloud name | Display Name | LDAP UID | LDAP DN | Last Login | Detected on | Dir | Sharer |
+----------------+--------------+----------+---------+------------+-------------+-----+--------+

I am not sure what helpful things I can provide, so please feel free to ask me, I appreciate any help, there is no stupid questions. :wink:

did you check in YunoHost WebAdmin that Nextcloud is public available ?

1 Like

Yes, it is available to Visitors.

Really no one else has any idea? I did not do anything special, so it must be a #Yunohost #Nginx bug which happens for #Nextcloud and it is sad that in this forum I can not find any help.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.