Nextcloud : multiple subdomains

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes.
If yes, please explain:
This Yunohost instance has several apps installed. It is dedicated to a customer.

Description of my issue

Hello guys,
This support message is about nextcloud and its relationship with yunohost.
Basically I’m looking for a way to reach a single nextcloud instance installed on yunohost through multiple subdomains. So far my nextcloud is installed on exampleA.com and I’d like it to be also reachable through exampleB.com at the same time.
I have already tried using GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/redirect_ynh: Redirection app for YunoHost but it fails with a 502 bad gateway error.
I have also tried configuring the nginx conf of exampleA.com to include a redirection (section server_name) but since the nginx conf of exampleB.com is already present due to the fact that I included it in the Yunohost domains, it doesn’t work.

Any idea as to how to solve this?

Thank you very much!

Since Nextcloud can be installed multiple times, you might need to install a second instance of Nextcloud for the second domain. If the users need to be separated by domain then you should definitely do this.

Hello @p4p4j0hn
I’m going to edit my initial message because there may be some misunderstandings. Actually there should be only one and only nextcloud instance. I’m just looking for a way to access this nextcloud instance from different subdomains :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help anyway

OK, your issue is way over my head! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully one day I will have the knowledge

1 Like

That should help to start somewhere

You have to edit nginx config !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.