Nextcloud install fail on (almost) fresh YunoHost

Hi there!

I’ve recently switched to YunoHost as a personal home cloud server after trying other similar projects and understanding that this community is the most vital among all. I’m having troubles installing NextCloud on my Raspberry Pi 4. Since I’ve installed YunoHost I just added adguardHome and WriteFreely. Then, today, I followed the procedure to add an external storage and I moved there

/home/yunohost.app
/home/yunohost.multimedia
and /var/mail

The other apps I have are working fine so far so I think that the procedure succeded. Then I tried to install Nextcloud and got this:

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/icehawogiq

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH, through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: I moved three folders on an external drive followinf this link:
Add External Storage

Description of my issue

what you are trying to achieve: I was installing Nextcloud. This is the complete log: Nextcloud failed install log

And this is where it fails:

2022-12-11 16:20:53,692: DEBUG - Your data directory is readable by other users.
2022-12-11 16:20:53,693: DEBUG - Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.
2022-12-11 16:20:53,695: DEBUG - 
2022-12-11 16:20:53,696: DEBUG - An unhandled exception has been thrown:
2022-12-11 16:20:53,697: DEBUG - Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:166
2022-12-11 16:20:53,697: DEBUG - Stack trace:
2022-12-11 16:20:53,697: DEBUG - #0 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands()
2022-12-11 16:20:53,698: DEBUG - #1 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('...')
2022-12-11 16:20:53,724: DEBUG - #2 {main}+ ynh_exit_properly

I also want to add that some day ago I had installed NC (without having moved those directories on another drive) and the procedure completed without any problem.

Thank you all for your help…or at least for reading this!

Michele

Yeah so definitely not a « fresh » YunoHost … Nextcloud reports a permission issue for its data directory, which is probably related to some faulty configuration. Faulty as in “it’s too wide open” … like, sure it works, just like not having a door in your house doesnt prevent you from using it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, for “fresh” I meant that I had not installed many other apps or changed something all by my own, but you’re right: it’s not litterally just installed.

Thank you for your help! I double checked and I now now that the drive on which I moved those folder is formatted in a weird way and…does not support chown nor chmod BUT those commands work as if everything went fine!

# chown -v admin home
changed ownership of 'home' from root to admin

# ls -la home
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root     280 Dec 11 15:20 home

At least now I know what to do to solve the issue! Thank you again!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.