Nextcloud app bookmarks wants increase server sort buffer size

My YunoHost server

Hardware: kvm virtual machine on HP server
YunoHost version: 4.2.7
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

the app bookmarks on nextcloud worked ok until the last updates (of nextcloud + app)
Now I get the message from protocol in nextcloud:

Error index Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY001]: Memory allocation error: 1038 Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size

ok, so I increased some sizes in /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf:
(maybe less changes could help also)

#sort_buffer_size = 64K
sort_buffer_size = 128K
#read_buffer_size = 256K
read_buffer_size = 512K
#read_rnd_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K

myisamchk]
#key_buffer_size = 8M
key_buffer_size = 16M
#sort_buffer_size = 8M
sort_buffer_size = 16M

and the message in protocol of nextcloud was gone and bookmarks are working ok.

But now everyday at 7h and 19h yunohost complains, that I have changed /etc/mysql/@my.cnf - what means mariadb.cnf

Is there a solution that I can add an additional cnf-file, which is not checked by yunohost?

Thanks very much for answer and solution
Bruno

Hello @brunogiscoat,

I had the same problem as you and had to increase sort_buffer_size to 128K in /etc/mysql/my.cnf.

For now, I just ignored the warning about /etc/mysql/my.cnf in the diagnostic (launched automatically in the morning and evening).

A question was opened a week ago for GitHub about increasing sort_buffer_size to 256k in the YunoHost base configuration : Update mysql sort_buffer_size value by ericgaspar · Pull Request #1284 · YunoHost/yunohost · GitHub

Here’s the information I have :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.