Nextcloud and 2FA "Missing Can_Install"

Ok :slight_smile:
Yes I have builded my serveur and I tried to learn how to manage it.
I use mostly Nextcloud to share files with my familly (movies, music…). I use some nextcloud app like tasks, agenda…
So the serveur is next to me in physical. I have 3 Drives on it.

SSD for OS (Debian) → /

1T0 HDD for Data → /home.

1TO HDD for save

@pilou
ok
so the ssd is dedicated to yunohost only?
with yunohost installed only?

if you left message please tag me cause for some reason i don’t get notifications
or reply to one of my messages

yes that’s the SDD with only yunohost :slight_smile: @izakis

@pilou

Understood,
your partitioning is completely wrong and i am going to explain how to do a partitioning much professional than that,
so you can invest some time to arrange it, for better performance and better sense,

now i understand that there is a SSD of 220GB or as you call it in France GO,
hard drive of 1TB
Third hard drive of 1TB

THE PARTITIONING SCHEME FOR USE GENERALLY ACCORDING TO YOU IS THIS:
SSD 220GB for YUNOHOST
1TB HDD for Data (ANY DATA INCLUDING NEXTCLOUD)
1TB HDD for BACKUPS OR ANYTHING ELSE,

IN OLD DAYS BEFORE 25 YEARS AGO WE DIDNT HAD PNP WHEN IT COMES TO PARTITIONING SO WE NEEDED TO CONFIGURE PARIMARY AND SLAVE PARTITIONS MANUALLY, BUT NOW BECUASE THE MOTHERBOARD NOW DAYS DO USE PLUG AND PLAY (PNP) ALLOCATION AND IRQ, PEOPLPE DONT UNDERSTAND THE ORDER,

ACCORDING TO YOUR PARTION TABLE YOUR SSD DRIVE WITH THE MAIN OPERATING SYSTEM WHAT SUPPOSED TO BE A PRIMARY DRIVE IS ON A SLAVE POSITION WHICH IS WRONG, THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS PLUGED TO THE WRONG SATA PLUG,
TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR BOARD (BY READING ON IT, OPEN YOUR COMPUTER CASE) YOU WILL SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:
SATA0
SATA1
SATA2
SATA3

YOUR PRIMARY DRIVE WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM SHOULD BE ALWAYS CONNECTED TO SATA0 WHICH IS THE FIRST SATA TO BE READ BY THE BIOS OR EFI OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE THERE,

SO TAKE OUT YOUR SSD FROM SATA1 AND MOVE IT TO SATA0 FIRST,

IN CASE YOURE NOT SURE WHICH IS SATA0, 1, 2, 3, AND THERE IS NO TEXT ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD, YOU CAN ALWAYS LOGIN TO THE BIOS MANAGEMENT ON BOOT, YOU KNOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE F2 OR F10 OR F8 IN MOST CASES, WHILE YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER,
IF YOU STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT TELL ME,

AND THERE YOU SHOULD SEE WHICH DRIVE IS CONNECTED TO WHICH SATA,

1. BUT FIRST THING FIRST, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHIG, BEFORE THE SATA PLUGING,
    GO TO THE CONSOLE
    NAVIGATE TO /home/yunohost.backup/archives/
    COPY ANYTHING YOU SEE THERE! INCLUDING THE JSON FILES!, TO YOUR “SAVE” (1TO HDD for save) HARD DRIVE, AFTER YOU DID MAKE SURE YOU COPIED YOUR NEXTCLOUD BACKUP TO YOUR SAVE HARD DRIVE,
    THE BEST THING IS TO MAKE A FOLDER YUNOHOSTBACKP ON YOUR “SAVE” DRIVE, WHICH IS SDC1, AND THEN COPY YUNOHOST BACKUPS TO THAT FOLDER,

2. DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM TO YOUR “SAVE” HARD DRIVE:
    https://yer.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boot-repair-cd/boot-repair-disk-32bit.iso
    SO YOU WILL HAVE IT FOR LATER YOU WILL NEED IT IN MANY SCENARIOS, THAT IS A BOOT REPAIR PROGRAM ESPECIALLY FOR LINUX AND ALSO FOR WIDNOWS, TO HAVE IT ANYWAY I WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHAT TO DO WITH THAT LATER,

COPY ANYTHING YOU HAVE AND IMPORTANT FROM sda1 “1T0 HDD for Data → /home.” TO YOUR “SAVE” HARD DRIVE SO WE CAN FORMAT THE DRIVE AND DO RE-PARTITIONING ON IT,

SO IN CONCLUSION FOR YOU WILL NOT BE CONFUSED, BEFORE YOU PROCCEED,
EVERYTHING ON YOUR “HOME” HARD DRIVE AND YUNOHOST BACKUPS NEED TO BE TRANSFFERED TO “SAVE” HARD DRIVE,

WHEN YOU DONE, AND READY, DO THIS, SHUTOFF YOUR MACHINE, RE-PLUG THE SATA IN THE RIGHT ORDER,
SSD TO SATA 0
“1T0 HDD for Data → /home.” TO SATA 1
“1TO HDD for save” TO SATA 2

TURN ON YOUR MACHINE INTO DEBIAN (YUNOHOST) AND MAKE SURE YOUR HARD DRIVES ARE NOW AT THE RIGHT ORDER. IT SHOULD BE:
sda - SSD
sdb - hardrive “home”
sdc - hardrive “save”

SHOW ME THE TABLE JUST TO MAKE SURE,

AFTER THAT DELETE THE YUNOHOST BACKUPS FROM YOUR SSD SO YOU WILL HAVE SOME CAPACITIY BEFORE YOU PROCEED,
AND DELETE EVERYTHING YOU SEES THERE,

NOW YOU NEED TO MAKE A PARTITIONING TO YOUR “HOME” DRIVE WHICH WE ALREADY DID A BACKUP FOR ALL THE IMPORTANT THINGS, MAKE SURE YOU DID COPY EVERYTHING TO YOUR “SAVE” MAKE SURE!,
ALSO SHUTOFF YOUR MACHINE DISCONNECT “SAVE” DRIVE FROM THE COMPUTER BY DISCONNECTING THE SATA CABLE TO MAKE SURE WE WILL NOT DO ANY MISTAKES,

TURN ON THE MACHINE AGAIN TO DEBIAN,

SO WHEN YOU READY,
DO PARTITIONING TO YOUR “HOME” HARD DRIVE,
CURRENTLY IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:
e3be7f7a-c54b-4e89-b683-bf06951bd409 707.1G 18% /home
IT SHOULD BE THAT WAY:
I ASSUME ITS 1TB
SO YOU NEED TO DELETE THE PARTITION
AND CREATE:

1. 60GB
  2. SWAP - 2GB
  3. EVERYTHING LEFT WHICH IS APPROXAMTELY 930GB BUT DONT DEFINE IT, JUST SET EVERYTHING LEFT,
    GIVE IT A NAME - STORAGE1

WE NEED THIS CASUE WE NEED A SECONDARY OPERATING SYSTEM ASIDE YUNOHOST,
THAT NOT COME TO SENSE IN SERVERS TO NOT HAVE A SECONDARY OS TO MANAGE EMERGENCIES OR OTHER TASKS WHEN WE HAVE ISSUES,

WHEN YOU DONE ITS TIME TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT STEP,

AS YOU INSTALLED YUNOHOST YOU PROBABLY HAVE A USB FLASH DRIVE TO WRITE TO IT?
DOWNLOAD DEBIAN ISO FILE TO YOUR “STORAGE1”
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso

WRITE DEBIAN TO YOUR USB AS BOOTABLE, AS YOU DONE WITH YUNOHOST BEFORE,
IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TELL ME,

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT ON YOUR USB (DEBIAN, NOT YUNOHOST)

SO BOOT TO IT AND INSTALL ON YOUR 60GB DRIVE
TELL ME WHEN YOU DONE INSTALLING I WILL KEEP FROM THERE,
AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE DONT HESSITATE TO ASK,

Again thank you for your help ! :star_struck:
I’m saving all my data on the “save disk” right at the moment.
I will partition tomorrow but I have few questions: Which program should I use to partition? gparted or the one includes in the live usb of debian that I will download ?

Just to be sure:

60GB → SECOND OS (DEBIAN)
SWAP - 2G
EVERYTHING LEFT WHICH IS APPROXAMTELY 930GB BUT DONT DEFINE IT, JUST SET EVERYTHING LEFT → WHICH FORMAT ? (EXT4 ? )
GIVE IT A NAME - STORAGE1

One another question. This is my motherboard.
I don’t see SATA 0 but I guess It’s SATA A1.
SATA A1 → SSD
SATA A2 → HDD
SATA A3 → HDD

@pilou
probably its okay as long it the first one

just dont forget to mark your disks which is which, put sticker or mark them somehow so you know what disk is what and make sure your mess with the right disk,

in some cases people have exactly the same hard drive, looks the same, of the same company, same size, and sometimes the same serial number, if that the case with you mark your disks so you will not be confused and format the wrong one

@pilou
just saw your photo that’s your primary first SATA:

but just make sure on the bios that is the first one on the hard drives list,

@pilou

yes ext4 is good

what program to make a partitioning, well that’s a hard question cause i am always prefer GUI
so the best thing to do is maybe you could install desktop environment on your yunohost just before you do everything, and then do the partition there with GUI,

sudo apt install cinnamon

@izakis
Thank you
Small question:
When you tell me,
AFTER THAT DELETE THE YUNOHOST BACKUPS FROM YOUR SSD SO YOU WILL HAVE SOME CAPACITIY BEFORE YOU PROCEED,
AND DELETE EVERYTHING YOU SEES THERE,

My /home is currently on the 1TB DRIVE. But in the next partitionning where my home will be placed ?
Thank you

@pilou at the same place, just because we need to repartitioning it we need to take out everything first, after that you will need to copy all back from save to home, you will have a big partition for it the third partition,

1. 60gb
  2. swpa
  3. home (900+gb)

so after you done installing Debian you can take your things back to it

@pilou
we couldnt repartition that drive while there is data in it,
first its dangerous we can loos the data,
secondly we need to create a OS + swap on the int zone which is the first segment of the drive, MBR should be written there, and the storage “home” should be last

OK :innocent:! @izakis
But I don’t get it I’m sorry. :unamused: Currently the sdb2 (SSD) is full. So when I will partitionate the /home Drive. I will not let some capacity here and it will remains full, right ? Even I delete this: /home/yunohost.backup/archives/

sdb                                                                        
├─sdb1 vfat            37F7-7117                             507.6M     1% /boot/efi
├─sdb2 ext4            0ae81e94-a6ba-4bdc-b35c-cb8803dc1c93       0    98% /
├─sdb3 swap            9aedbc17-b798-4a67-8f48-33d6ef6086bf                [SWAP]
└─sdb4 ext4            0d527ead-8373-457f-882b-9b1b3fa6d83a

you ssd doesnt supposed to be full,
its 220gb and already full?
first maybe because your backup got 80 gigs that’s what you said before you remember?
“I did backups through the admin panel and through the terminal
When I did the backup it saves me 80GB (that’s my data ) so it’s not gone”

so thats all you need to make a room for desktop environment,
have you deleted the backups already?

@pilou
we dont need this server anymore you don’t get it?
we just want to partitioning the big hard drive, and when we have debian we will arrange several things, and then we will be ready to install a fresh yunohost but better this time,

now i am asking you to make a room on the ssd so you can install desktop environment and partitioning your hard drive so we can install debian on it, or do that with your installation disc while installing if youre getting difficulties

@pilou

just leave the everything jump straight to the debian installation can you?
dont stress yourself just install debian and then make partitioning, then everything will be fine we will keep from there, your “save” hard drive disconnect it while installing thats the most important, be careful linux is very brutal when it comes to formatting

@izakis
:slight_smile:
I had some time this morning so I did everything you told me and I installed Debian here is the partition table. So now if I try to boot on yunohost, it is not working which is normal I guess. But Debian is working :upside_down_face:

Edit: on the picture I had no reconnected the “SAVE” disk but I did it after and it was working

@pilou

hello just came,
after debian installation yunohost supposed to be boot but its really not important at the moment,

good your partitioning on the hard drive is exactly as we plaint,
so now we have Debian installed,

first of all: please install desktop environment,
sudo apt install cinnamon

tell me when you done please

@pilou
oh sorry you have desktop environment i didn’t noticed that,

which desktop environment is it? is it cinnamon?

@izakis Hello :slight_smile: I’ve already installed cinnamon during the install process

@pilou
oh okay sure sure :slight_smile:

okay just allow me a moment please

@pilou

okay please just to make sure did you already copied back all your “home” data from “save” to the big partition ?

@izakis yes, I’m sure. I did some test, I was worried about it

okay so now actually we are ready to plug back the “save” hard disk,
according to the partition the disks is on the right position this time
ssd is sda as it should be
sdb is the hard drive with debian and “home”

now “save” should be sdc,
so if you like you can connect that back and close your computer case so it will not be a mess,
now as i understand you connected the disks that way
SATA3_1 - SSD
SATA3_2 - HOME

SAVE SHOULD BE ON SATA3_A1

@izakis yes !
Now I have
SSD sda Yunohost
HDD sdb Debian + Ext4 +swap
HDD sdc Save
I’ve reconected my disk “save” on SATA3_ A1