[Nextcloud] A cloud for personal or group use

Thank you both. I’ll try and I’ll keep you updated.

@wbk Yeah I’m comfortable with the command line. I thought to rename that folder but then I didn’t…

So I’ve tried with both options but now I have another error…

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/awevuzeruz

2022-01-16 20:34:52,066: WARNING -   An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY001]: Memory allo
2022-01-16 20:34:52,066: WARNING -   cation error: 1038 Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buff
2022-01-16 20:34:52,067: WARNING -   er size

But this is weird because now I have more than 5gb of free ram (I stopped some services like Discourse).

maybe related to this issue : Update mysql sort_buffer_size value by ericgaspar · Pull Request #1284 · YunoHost/yunohost · GitHub

Thank you.

I’ve tried to change that value but I’ve the same error.

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/jewowesuro

sudo nano /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf
# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
skip-external-locking
key_buffer_size = 16K
max_allowed_packet = 16M
table_open_cache = 4
#64k original
sort_buffer_size = 128K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 256K
net_buffer_length = 2K
thread_stack = 128K

did you restart mysql service?

yes! But I’ll try again.

try also to increase it much more

the file I should modify is

sudo nano /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf

or

sudo nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

?

thank you

I modified both files (mariadb.cnf and my.cnf) with 1024K and it worked.

Should I put back the files to the original value? Thank you.

I’ve upgraded to testing 23.0.4 from 22.2.7. I had 502 bad gateway because there was no nextcloud.conf in /etc/php/8.0/fpm/pool.d/. I copied the one from /php/7.3/ and replaced by the correct values and now it works great ! :smiley: I don’t know how to prevent this ?

The upgrade took me not less than 26 hours 45 minutes :crazy_face:
If it interest you, here are the logs : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/urucisehuf
Everything’s fine, but there are a lot of chown of Nextcloud final_path and Nextcloud data_directory and it takes 4-5 hours for each.

Hello,

Can I restrict the access to Nextcloud login page through the Portal Tile while keeping the app “public” to share some file across the Internet ?

Removing the “Nextcloud” permission from the Visitors group break all links (they all redirect to the Portal login page).

Well, in theory you can, by granting a permission to everything else but the login page (/login).
But I don’t know if you can do that in Yunohost without listing all other possible pages… I don’t believe we can put an exclusion to a general permission :thinking:

Hello,

The update from 22.2.7 to 22.2.9 went well :slight_smile:

There are the 2 “usual” minor alerts that I will eventually see to correct :

• the 4-byte encoding one ;
  • and the prefix for the phone numbers.

Thanks to all contributors <3

ppr

1 Like

for these alerts, you can edit your file /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add:

'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
'default_phone_region' => 'FR', #here for french depend your language can be 'GB' for english
2 Likes

Hum, I have try move the folder /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud in a mounted partition doing like in the topic here: Nextcloud | Yunohost Documentation (casB)
and upgrading fails, he did not found the folder /mnt/data/nextcloud_data/nextcloud/. I can’t restore also !!
help me…
this is my logs: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/comimifasa
My error is because I have removed the folder home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/ after this operation !!!
How can I do to restore my nextcloud ?? Can I edit in the restore file ???

Can I upload the restore file, uncompressed the file and edit before compress again ???
For exemple in the restore file if I change in the settings.yml the line datadir: /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud with datadir: /mnt/data/nextcloud_data/nextcloud is it enough ??

Or, I install a new nextcloud, and repeat the operation to have the folder data again (chown -R nextcloud: /mnt/data/nextcloud_data/nextcloud/data, but it means loose the calendars, contacts, what else ??? I think a symlink is better, isn’t it ?

well, I finished to reinstall a fresh nextcloud, this time I use mount --bind for the folder /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud. I have keep my datas, but however I loose all my Contacts, it’s a problem because all my phone numbers synced with davX are gone !! Can I use the db.sql file from the backup to reinsert the contacts ?? and how ??
I see from this line

LOCK TABLES `oc_cards` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `oc_cards` DISABLE KEYS */;
INSERT INTO `oc_cards` VALUES

but with a lot of hash values also, sometime I see an old contact vcard with the number phone, but it is hard to put them again reading…

What was the last working configuration?

You should restore a backup of that config and restart from here. If the restore fails because of a missing directory, create the directory and repeat.

Once you have restored a working environment (with your contacts), you can expand your storage then upgrade (do it in this order, just to be sure the next upgrade won’t break things…)

Well, I haven’t found how restore my backup, so I have install a fresh nextcloud, and point the data folders with a mount -- bind as explain here doc/external_storage.md at partition · YunoHost/doc · GitHub and after a sudo -u nextcloud php7.3 --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ files:scan --all.
But for the Contacts, I have spent a night to reimport them searching in the database.sql the columns… I don’t really know why I have to do so… I think because the wrong step was to delete the folder home/yunohost.app/nextcloud