[Nextcloud] A cloud for personal or group use

If nobody on your Nextcloud instance define new flows, no, I don’t think it will save any server resources. The idea is to prevent users to define new ones and thus saving the resources that could be consumed by them.

Ok, so that’s how I understood it.

Thanks @SohKa for your answer, this is very useful to me!

@Maniack_Crudelis i add this fix with Nextcloud 18.0.2.2 and i have this warning:

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant ‘hashing_default_password’ - assumed '‘hashing_default_password’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

Then i use the other fix and all is fine:

'hashingMemoryCost' => 16384,
'hashingTimeCost' => 1,
'hashingThreads' => 2,

Ok…
I don’t know if that’s my firefox that went through a fucking translator that change my regular quotes into fucking nice and useless quotes or if that’s really github that did bullshit…
But into my comment, and yours I see those fucking useless quotes that are not quotes !

So, as you can see into the error message, nextcloud is just telling you to use REAL quotes…

Not against you, but fed up of that useless bullshit that become more and more problematic…

Oooh , i’m confused, i didn’t understand the warning. Thanks for your answer, it’ okay now.

My production instance has been upgraded to this 18.0.4 testing version, and working great so far :+1:
I have a x86_64 processor and no CPU heavy usage noticed.

Simething to do with this issue ? https://github.com/prettier/prettier/issues/2996

I don’t think so, it’s about and '
The first one is an useless typographic quote that doesn’t change anything when reading but can create bugs…
While the second one is a regular quote that does nothing else than working fine.

And while it would be obvious to use the second one. While it works everywhere and makes no differences when reading. Many people found useful to change quotes because it’s “pretty”… By the way, I mean "pretty"

1 Like

Hello,

About NextCloud maintenance mode:

My first attemps was:
sudo -u nextcloud php7.3 occ maintenance:mode --off
Sorry, user admin is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/php7.3 occ maintenance:mode --off' as nextcloud on domain.tld.

Next attempt with:
https://domain.tld/yunohost/admin/#/apps/nextcloud/actions
but it says “Cette application ne possède aucune action”

I’m still able to edit the configuration file manually but what if I want to set the maintenance mode in a batch file used by cron ? By the way does this make sens ? Is it required to set maintenance mode on, if I want to backup NextCloud files ?

Try with sudo -u nextcloud php7.3 /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

And I don’t think it’s required for backing up, but it’s always better.

Thanks, I have tried but I get the same result
Sorry, user admin is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/php7.3 /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off' as nextcloud ondomain.tld`

admin user is not allowed, you must log in with root

Indeed, you need to log as root, and then use sudo -u nextcloud php7.3 /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off.

Thanks @Lapineige, @metyun, @Tho and other answers. It works when logged with root. I though admin was allowed as well. Admin can edit the file anyway.

New stable release :sunny:

• 21 May 2020 - #274
    • Uncaught error during upgrade
    • Caldav/Calddav broken during upgrade
    • Add an action to remove the maintenance mode from the admin panel.
    • Fix multi instance trouble with .well-known
    • Do not use argon2 to hash password to prevent slowing down small devices
    • Upgrade to latest version 18.0.4
4 Likes

Mise à jour effectuée. Pas de problème so far. Good work!

Thanks for update ! No issue with Nextcloud since I started with it about 1 year ago :smiley:

Since latest update (18.0.4), I receive a new warning :

La configuration du serveur web ne permet pas d’atteindre “/.well-known/webfinger”. Vous trouverez plus d’informations dans la documentation.

I’ve understood that you change some things about .well-known, so I want to tell you that I had no warnings about this before. I don’t use another Caldav app.

And may I ask if it’s planned to resolve the MySQL 4-bytes warning soon ? I couldn’t resolve it for good on my own.

Thanks again for all your amazing work !!

mise à jour réalisée sans souci, merci pour le support de cette app :slight_smile:

Hi,

If you want to use webfinder, you can uncomment these lines:

Inside the file :
/etc/nginx/conf.d/your_nextcloud_domain.tld.d/nextcloud.conf
Then reload nignx service : sudo systemctl reload nginx

About MySQL 4-bytes warningI don’t have a plan yet :slight_smile: