Nextcloud 25 is not 32 bits - Raspberry Pi 2B can't run it :'(

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2B
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : I don’t remember :confused:
If yes, please explain: may be SSH config

Description of my issue

It’s impossible to upgrade Nextcloud 24 to Nextcloud 25.
Error message : Sorry, Nextcloud has deprecated 32-bit support

Here is the screenshot :

I’m sad to unplug this RPi 2, and have to buy a new one… this one is running fine :confused:

From what I know, Nextcloud dropped support to 32 bit arch from version 25 but apparently support as been extended to 26 cf: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/pull/517

If you want to install version 25 on 32 bits, the testing branch warns about future incompatibilities without killing the install:

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing
2 Likes

Thx mate.
So if I’ve understood, it will come soon in Yunohost :wink:
I’ll wait kindly :slight_smile:

Just in case, and sorry it’s in French, you might encounter some issue with quota values and you file folder not accessible. Here is the (manual) fix : Nextcloud 25 : répertoire fichiers indisponible -> bug gestion des quotas en 32-bits

I apologize if I’m off topic, but is it the nextcloud installation files that are 32 bits or the whole system? In order to make it more perennial and know if I need to plan 3 days off for a complete install :stuck_out_tongue:

Your whole system.
Sorry for your days off :innocent:

Hello everyone,
On an Olimex Lime1, I got the same message : 32-bit support deprecated for Nextcloud
Does it mean that I won’t be able to follow the future of Nextcloud with that hardware?

bare-metal armhf Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME
noyau Linux 5.15.74-sunxi
Debian 11.5
YunoHost 11.0.10.2 (stable)

Thank you !

Not after Nextcloud 25. Support will end with this version, Nextcloud 26 won’t support it.
Until then (October 2023), versions 25.x will be supported.
For Yunohost, then will come soon, support is ready in the testing branch.

1 Like

thank you (and all devs)

I will wait then and postpone whole ynh server migration to x64 version

It’s the hardware itself mate :confused: if Im not wrong. RPi 2 is only 32 bits, and can’t run a 64 bits Operating System.

If you have a 32-bit arch server and can mess around with Nextcloud, we need testers for the current 25.0.2 version (installable in 32-bit arch) in the testing branch.

sudo yunohost app upgrade nextcloud -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing

Warning : it’s possible than a manual operation (editing some Nextcloud files) to fix a bug with quota will be required after the upgrade. Reverting to the automated backup done before upgrade should always be possible, but you need to be aware of this :slight_smile:

But, have no fear… test :grimacing:

Ok, so I just tried the upgrade and it seems to have worked properly (Raspberry Pi 3B 32 bits).
How can I know if I have the bug with quota?

Here is my terminal output,

Thanks!

Info: Now upgrading nextcloud...
Info: [....................] > Loading installation settings...
Warning: Nextcloud has deprecated 32-bit support. Version 25 is the last one to support 32-bit architectures.
Info: [+...................] > Ensuring downward compatibility...
Info: [#+++++++++..........] > Backing up the app before upgrading (may take a while)...
Info: [##########++........] > Upgrading dependencies...
Info: '/tmp/tmp.plCFrhx62y' wasn't deleted because it doesn't exist.sts...
Warning:     0/0 [->--------------------------]   0%Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are availableeb server configuration...
Warning: You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Warning: Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are availableeature. You may encounter issues when dealing with your calendar or address book.
Warning: You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Warning:  Starting ...loud 25.0.0
Warning:     0/0 [>---------------------------]   0%t doesn't exist.
Warning:  Starting ...one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands aWarning:     1/0 [->--------------------------]   0% Starting ...
Warning:  0/1 [>---------------------------]   0%ade command to do the upgrade
Warning:  Starting ...one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands aInfo: [##############+++...] > Reconfiguring Nextcloud...
Warning:  1/1 [============================] 100%File /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php has been manually modified since the installation or last upgrade. So it has been duplicated in /var/cache/yunohost/appconfbackup//var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php.backup.20221219.230802
Warning: Note that if you've installed some third-parties Nextcloud applications,     they are probably disabled and you'll have to manually enable them again.^[Info: [#################...] > Upgrading logrotate configuration...Info: [#################++.] > Reconfiguring Fail2Ban...[OAInfo: The service fail2ban has correctly executed the action reload-or-restart.
Info: [###################.] > Reloading NGINX web server and PHP-FPM...
Info: [####################] > Upgrade of nextcloud completed
Success! nextcloud upgraded
Success! Upgrade complete
1 Like

Does Nextcloud files interface work ? You can see your files ? And some ?
If yes, you don’t have it.

Yes everything seems to work.
Thanks you!

Same here.
Everything seems OK right now:

• file sharing
  • webdav access
  • access from android app

So the bug does not appear to everyone… :thinking:

Anyway a patch is on the way on Nextcloud upstream code, this should be fixed in the near future.

Thanks @Lapineige
I have the same error on a RP4, 64bit then…
I can understand the issue on 32bit based board, but what about on a RP4?
Am I missing something?
Many thanks :slight_smile:

“Just in case”, are you sure that the OS you have installed is 64 bits? Try lscpu to be sure.
I’ve already did the mistake to install a raspbian 32bits version on a 64 bits board… :roll_eyes: