Nexcloud app and package gcc-8-base cannot update after migration from Buster to Bullseye

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2b at home, micro-SD card class A1 (128 Go) for OS + 500 GB USB HDD for backups
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No

Description of my issue

Hello !
I successfully migrated my Yunohost from Buster to Bullseye.
Unfortunatly, i meet 2 little issues :

First, Nextcloud upgrade from22.1.1~ynh1 to 24.0.7~ynh1 does not work. Here is the log : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/asavavegac

Next, i have an update for the package gcc-8-base (from 8.3.0-6+rpi1 to 8.4.0-7+rpi1) and again, it does not work, without error messages. I made research about this package and it seems to be no longer maintained in Debian Bullseye. Maybe i can just remove it ithout risks ?

Thank you in advance !

if you still have it on your system i am not so sure you’re on bullseye,
its look like you have the same problem as we just discussed about at the last days on this thread: please read:

the solution is on the bottom, you ca try it if you like, it looks like compatible to your situation

Obviously not since you’re still running Yunohost 4.x as you mention at the very beginning of your post

So before attempting anything you should elaborate into what exactly happened and if you encountered any hicups

@ izakis
Thanks ! It solved the gcc-8-base issue ! :slight_smile:

admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt-get install gcc-8-base
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgcc1
The following packages will be upgraded:
  gcc-8-base
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 195 kB of archives.
After this operation, 165 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] o
Abort.
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt-get install gcc-8-base
  libgcc1
The following packages will be upgraded:
  gcc-8-base
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 195 kB of archives.
After this operation, 165 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/main armhf gcc-8-base armhf 8.4.0-7+rpi1 [195 kB]
Fetched 195 kB in 1s (368 kB/s)    
Reading changelogs... Done
(Reading database ... 62569 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libgcc1:armhf (1:8.3.0-6+rpi1) ...
(Reading database ... 62568 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gcc-8-base_8.4.0-7+rpi1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking gcc-8-base:armhf (8.4.0-7+rpi1) over (8.3.0-6+rpi1) ...
Setting up gcc-8-base:armhf (8.4.0-7+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1+deb11u5) ...
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt remove build-essential gcc-8 libgcc-8-dev
Package 'build-essential' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'gcc-8' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'libgcc-8-dev' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt remove libgirepository-1.0-1 --dry-run
  gir1.2-glib-2.0 libgirepository-1.0-1 python3-gi
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Remv python3-gi [3.38.0-2]
Remv gir1.2-glib-2.0 [1.66.1-1+b1]
Remv libgirepository-1.0-1 [1.66.1-1+b1]
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt autoremove
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt --fix-broken install
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade
Calculating upgrade... Done
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt dist-upgrade
Calculating upgrade... Done
admin@my-server:~ $ sudo apt install gcc-8-base guile-2.2-libs moulinette ssowat yunohost yunohost-admin
gcc-8-base is already the newest version (8.4.0-7+rpi1).
guile-2.2-libs is already the newest version (2.2.7+1-6).
guile-2.2-libs set to manually installed.
moulinette is already the newest version (11.0.9).
moulinette set to manually installed.
ssowat is already the newest version (11.0.9).
ssowat set to manually installed.
yunohost is already the newest version (11.0.10.2).
yunohost-admin is already the newest version (11.0.11).
admin@my-server:~ 

I will try to upgrade Nextcloud again, to see if it solved that too.

Edit : It did not unfortunately :confused: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/aqelozazud

@Aleks
Sorry, I recently upgraded to Yunohost 11 and y copy/pasted my server info from another topic before the upgrade. I am well using Yunohost 11.

1 Like

hello,
glad it helps,

according to your log definitely you are on bullseye and 11 version of yunohost,

about nextcloud
your log says your system missing imagmagick but it will try to install anyway
so probably it fails to install without imagemagick though, i am in doubt, cause the question is why it did work so far,
and the second question is qhy there is no imagemagick in such system what include nextcloud,

2022-12-03 12:59:10,113: DEBUG - 370293 Preparing to unpack …/nextcloud-ynh-deps_22.1.1~ynh1_all.deb …
2022-12-03 12:59:10,140: DEBUG - 370320 Unpacking nextcloud-ynh-deps (22.1.1~ynh1) …
2022-12-03 12:59:10,410: DEBUG - 370586 dpkg: nextcloud-ynh-deps: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
2022-12-03 12:59:10,413: DEBUG - 370588 nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on imagemagick; however:
2022-12-03 12:59:10,414: DEBUG - 370590 Package imagemagick is not installed.

anyway i cant answer that maybe @Aleks can,

you can install imagemagick manually if you desire,
sudo apt-get install imagemagick

hope it helps

Curiously, Imagemagick seems still installed :

sudo apt install imagemagick
imagemagick is already the newest version (8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3).
imagemagick set to manually installed.

I checked other dependencies not instaled in the last log ( https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/aqelozazud ) and found that php8.0-bz2 was also a missing dependency, so I installed it. I also reinstalled imagemagick and now i’m trying to upgrade again Nextcloud.

And it failed again :confused: logs here : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/esedayitiw

oh yes youre right i missed it,
2022-12-03 12:43:09,576: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-bz2; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,579: DEBUG - Package php8.0-bz2 is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,589: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-imap; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,596: DEBUG - Package php8.0-imap is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,600: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-gmp; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,604: DEBUG - Package php8.0-gmp is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,615: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-intl; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,620: DEBUG - Package php8.0-intl is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,623: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-apcu; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,625: DEBUG - Package php8.0-apcu is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,627: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-redis; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,634: DEBUG - Package php8.0-redis is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,636: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-imagick; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,638: DEBUG - Package php8.0-imagick is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,647: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-igbinary; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,649: DEBUG - Package php8.0-igbinary is not installed.
2022-12-03 12:43:09,651: DEBUG - nextcloud-ynh-deps depends on php8.0-bcmath; however:
2022-12-03 12:43:09,653: DEBUG - Package php8.0-bcmath is not installed.

so its clear php8 is required for the next version of nextcloud probably,

I just installed all these php8 packages.
nextcloud-ynh-deps is still installed so, I don’t understandd why these dependencies didn’t installed with apt --fix-broken install.

Anyway, I installed all of them manually, then launched again the nextcloud upgrade, and it failed again. I am looking for the reason : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/uxesosidam

The actual error is:

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

Though keep in mind the yunohost’s nextcloud upgrade script automatically does incremental upgrades, i.e. when it get to the point where it crashes, it’s supposed to perform the 22->23 upgrade (before ultimately performing the 23->24 upgrade)

So somehow Nextcloud seems to think it’s not on version 22 …?

Can you go in Nextcloud’s webadmin (NB : i mean Nextcloud GUI, not Yunohost GUI) and confirm that Nextcloud is indeed in version 22.x ?

My Nextcloud current information :

Server configuration detail

Operating system: Linux 5.15.76-v7+ #1597 SMP Fri Nov 4 12:13:17 GMT 2022 armv7l

Webserver: nginx/1.18.0 (fpm-fcgi)

Database: mysql 10.5.15

PHP version: 7.4.33

Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, sodium, cgi-fcgi, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, apcu, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, FFI, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, iconv, igbinary, imagick, imap, intl, json, ldap, exif, mysqli, pdo_mysql, Phar, posix, readline, redis, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, ssh2, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 22.1.1 - 22.1.1.2

Updated from an older Nextcloud/ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install Nextcloud from: unknown

Signing status

Integrity checker has been disabled. Integrity cannot be verified.

List of activated apps
Enabled:
 - accessibility: 1.7.0
 - activity: 2.15.0
 - calendar: 2.3.3
 - circles: 22.1.1
 - cloud_federation_api: 1.4.0
 - comments: 1.11.0
 - contacts: 4.0.3
 - contactsinteraction: 1.2.0
 - dashboard: 7.1.0
 - dav: 1.18.0
 - federatedfilesharing: 1.11.0
 - federation: 1.11.0
 - files: 1.16.0
 - files_external: 1.12.1
 - files_pdfviewer: 2.3.0
 - files_rightclick: 1.1.0
 - files_sharing: 1.13.2
 - files_trashbin: 1.11.0
 - files_versions: 1.14.0
 - files_videoplayer: 1.11.0
 - firstrunwizard: 2.11.0
 - logreader: 2.7.0
 - lookup_server_connector: 1.9.0
 - nextcloud_announcements: 1.11.0
 - notes: 4.1.1
 - notifications: 2.10.1
 - oauth2: 1.9.0
 - password_policy: 1.12.0
 - photos: 1.4.0
 - privacy: 1.6.0
 - provisioning_api: 1.11.0
 - recommendations: 1.1.0
 - serverinfo: 1.12.0
 - settings: 1.3.0
 - sharebymail: 1.11.0
 - support: 1.5.0
 - survey_client: 1.10.0
 - systemtags: 1.11.0
 - tasks: 0.14.2
 - text: 3.3.0
 - theming: 1.12.0
 - twofactor_backupcodes: 1.10.1
 - user_ldap: 1.11.0
 - user_status: 1.1.1
 - viewer: 1.6.0
 - weather_status: 1.1.0
 - workflowengine: 2.3.1
Disabled:
 - admin_audit
 - encryption
 - updatenotification

Configuration (config/config.php)
{
    "passwordsalt": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "secret": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "trusted_domains": [
        "localhost",
        "my-server.url"
    ],
    "datadirectory": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "dbtype": "mysql",
    "version": "22.1.1.2",
    "overwrite.cli.url": "https:\/\/my-server.url",
    "dbname": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "dbhost": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "dbport": "",
    "dbtableprefix": "oc_",
    "mysql.utf8mb4": true,
    "dbuser": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "dbpassword": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "installed": true,
    "instanceid": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
    "ldapIgnoreNamingRules": false,
    "ldapProviderFactory": "OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory",
    "updatechecker": false,
    "memcache.local": "\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu",
    "integrity.check.disabled": true,
    "filelocking.enabled": true,
    "memcache.locking": "\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis",
    "redis": {
        "host": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "port": "6379",
        "timeout": "0.0",
        "password": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***"
    },
    "hashing_default_password": true,
    "logout_url": "https:\/\/my-server.url\/yunohost\/sso\/?action=logout",
    "maintenance": false,
    "loglevel": 2,
    "localstorage.allowsymlinks": true
}

External storages: yes

External storage configuration
+----------+--------------+---------+---------------------+-------------------------------------------------+-----------------+------------------+-------------------+-------+
| Mount ID | Mount Point  | Storage | Authentication Type | Configuration                                   | Options         | Applicable Users | Applicable Groups | Type  |
+----------+--------------+---------+---------------------+-------------------------------------------------+-----------------+------------------+-------------------+-------+
| 3        | /Partage     | Local   | Aucun               | datadir: "\/home\/yunohost.multimedia\/Partage" | readonly: false | All              |                   | Admin |
| 4        | /SAUVEGARDES | Local   | Aucun               | datadir: "\/media\/usb-hdd\/raspibackup"        | readonly: false | quentin          |                   | Admin |

Encryption: no

User-backends:

• OC\User\Database
  • OCA\User_LDAP\User_Proxy
LDAP configuration
+-------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Configuration                 |                                                                                                           |
+-------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| hasMemberOfFilterSupport      | 0                                                                                                         |
| homeFolderNamingRule          |                                                                                                           |
| lastJpegPhotoLookup           | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapAgentName                 |                                                                                                           |
| ldapAgentPassword             | ***                                                                                                       |
| ldapAttributesForGroupSearch  |                                                                                                           |
| ldapAttributesForUserSearch   |                                                                                                           |
| ldapBackupHost                |                                                                                                           |
| ldapBackupPort                |                                                                                                           |
| ldapBase                      | dc=yunohost,dc=org                                                                                        |
| ldapBaseGroups                | ou=groups,dc=yunohost,dc=org                                                                              |
| ldapBaseUsers                 | ou=users,dc=yunohost,dc=org                                                                               |
| ldapCacheTTL                  | 600                                                                                                       |
| ldapConfigurationActive       | 1                                                                                                         |
| ldapDefaultPPolicyDN          |                                                                                                           |
| ldapDynamicGroupMemberURL     |                                                                                                           |
| ldapEmailAttribute            | mail                                                                                                      |
| ldapExperiencedAdmin          | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapExpertUUIDGroupAttr       |                                                                                                           |
| ldapExpertUUIDUserAttr        |                                                                                                           |
| ldapExpertUsernameAttr        | uid                                                                                                       |
| ldapExtStorageHomeAttribute   |                                                                                                           |
| ldapGidNumber                 | gidNumber                                                                                                 |
| ldapGroupDisplayName          | cn                                                                                                        |
| ldapGroupFilter               | (&(objectclass=top)(memberUid=*))                                                                         |
| ldapGroupFilterGroups         |                                                                                                           |
| ldapGroupFilterMode           | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapGroupFilterObjectclass    | posixGroup                                                                                                |
| ldapGroupMemberAssocAttr      | memberUid                                                                                                 |
| ldapHost                      | localhost                                                                                                 |
| ldapIgnoreNamingRules         |                                                                                                           |
| ldapLoginFilter               | (&(|(objectclass=posixAccount))(uid=%uid)(permission=cn=nextcloud.main,ou=permission,dc=yunohost,dc=org)) |
| ldapLoginFilterAttributes     |                                                                                                           |
| ldapLoginFilterEmail          | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapLoginFilterMode           | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapLoginFilterUsername       | 1                                                                                                         |
| ldapMatchingRuleInChainState  | unknown                                                                                                   |
| ldapNestedGroups              | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapOverrideMainServer        |                                                                                                           |
| ldapPagingSize                | 500                                                                                                       |
| ldapPort                      | 389                                                                                                       |
| ldapQuotaAttribute            | userquota                                                                                                 |
| ldapQuotaDefault              |                                                                                                           |
| ldapTLS                       | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapUserAvatarRule            | default                                                                                                   |
| ldapUserDisplayName           | displayname                                                                                               |
| ldapUserDisplayName2          |                                                                                                           |
| ldapUserFilter                | objectclass=posixAccount                                                                                  |
| ldapUserFilterGroups          |                                                                                                           |
| ldapUserFilterMode            | 0                                                                                                         |
| ldapUserFilterObjectclass     | posixAccount                                                                                              |
| ldapUuidGroupAttribute        | auto                                                                                                      |
| ldapUuidUserAttribute         | auto                                                                                                      |
| turnOffCertCheck              | 0                                                                                                         |
| turnOnPasswordChange          | 0                                                                                                         |
| useMemberOfToDetectMembership | 1                                                                                                         |
+-------------------------------+-------------+
| Configuration                 | s01         |
| hasMemberOfFilterSupport      | 0           |
| homeFolderNamingRule          |             |
| lastJpegPhotoLookup           | 0           |
| ldapAgentName                 |             |
| ldapAgentPassword             | ***         |
| ldapAttributesForGroupSearch  |             |
| ldapAttributesForUserSearch   |             |
| ldapBackupHost                |             |
| ldapBackupPort                |             |
| ldapBase                      |             |
| ldapBaseGroups                |             |
| ldapBaseUsers                 |             |
| ldapCacheTTL                  | 600         |
| ldapConfigurationActive       | 0           |
| ldapDefaultPPolicyDN          |             |
| ldapDynamicGroupMemberURL     |             |
| ldapEmailAttribute            |             |
| ldapExperiencedAdmin          | 0           |
| ldapExpertUUIDGroupAttr       |             |
| ldapExpertUUIDUserAttr        |             |
| ldapExpertUsernameAttr        |             |
| ldapExtStorageHomeAttribute   |             |
| ldapGidNumber                 | gidNumber   |
| ldapGroupDisplayName          | cn          |
| ldapGroupFilter               |             |
| ldapGroupFilterGroups         |             |
| ldapGroupFilterMode           | 0           |
| ldapGroupFilterObjectclass    |             |
| ldapGroupMemberAssocAttr      |             |
| ldapHost                      |             |
| ldapIgnoreNamingRules         |             |
| ldapLoginFilter               |             |
| ldapLoginFilterAttributes     |             |
| ldapLoginFilterEmail          | 0           |
| ldapLoginFilterMode           | 0           |
| ldapLoginFilterUsername       | 1           |
| ldapMatchingRuleInChainState  | unknown     |
| ldapNestedGroups              | 0           |
| ldapOverrideMainServer        |             |
| ldapPagingSize                | 500         |
| ldapPort                      |             |
| ldapQuotaAttribute            |             |
| ldapQuotaDefault              |             |
| ldapTLS                       | 0           |
| ldapUserAvatarRule            | default     |
| ldapUserDisplayName           | displayName |
| ldapUserDisplayName2          |             |
| ldapUserFilter                |             |
| ldapUserFilterGroups          |             |
| ldapUserFilterMode            | 0           |
| ldapUserFilterObjectclass     |             |
| ldapUuidGroupAttribute        | auto        |
| ldapUuidUserAttribute         | auto        |
| turnOffCertCheck              | 0           |
| turnOnPasswordChange          | 0           |
| useMemberOfToDetectMembership | 1           |

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0

So, I am well using Nextcloud 22. Is it possible to try to manually upgrade first to Nextcloud 23 ?

Hello

Any new ideas ? I still have the same issue :confused: But the logs changed : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/lapisemayo

Now, the problem seems different :

2022-12-26 20:58:42,074: DEBUG - + upgrade_type=UPGRADE_APP
2022-12-26 20:58:42,076: DEBUG - + '[' armhf == i386 ']'
2022-12-26 20:58:42,078: DEBUG - + '[' armhf == armhf ']'
2022-12-26 20:58:42,081: DEBUG - + ynh_die '--message=Sorry, Nextcloud has deprecated 32-bit support'

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.