[Navidrome] Music Server and Streamer

New stable release available :headphones:

2 Likes

I finally find why it freeze. Il’s not because the reverse proxy, it’ because i use a symbolic link for yunohost.multimedia.
I change the MusicFolder variable in /var/lib/navidrome/navidrome.toml with the real path and all is fine now.

So don’t use symbolic links or consider to change the MusicFolder variable with the real path.

Airsonic seems to be broken from Android, so I m trying Navidrome.

Is it possible to get podcast on this app ?

no,there isn’t.

1 Like

1 Like

A little notice: with this upgrade in my installation was changed to the default the configuration for the directory containing the music and precisely the MusicFolder setting in the /var/lib/navidrome/navidrome.toml file

1 Like

@lnoferin A new configuration file was generated during the upgrade due to the introduction of the control panel. The config file should be preserved next time (if there is no new addition to it).

1 Like

Navidrome is incredibly slow and sometimes freezes the browser. This behavior has been noticed on low end pcs (in the navidrome github). I’m unable to use it. Is there a way to revert to an older version ?

1 min

You can also try to disable scan with ScanSchedule = "" in /var/lib/navidrome/navidrome.toml ans see if it’s better.

1 Like

I also disabled the animation. The browser freezes (FFX ou chrome). :cry:

Edit : I forgot to restart the navidrome service.
It’s working fine now. I have tried to set it at 600m and it was OK.
Thanks @metyun

Hello, it seems like stated above that an update at some point had reset the toml config file, including the MusicFolder path. I just put it back to my music folder (also updated via syncthing on an external drive) but keep getting permission denied when scanning. I tried all the chmod setfacl chgrp tricks I found here and there (including the o+rx one above, also on the parent folders) but still the same issue. The weird thing is that navidrome can play the files it had in its database from an old scan… Hence it can actually read the folder.
Any suggestions before I probably start from scratch?
Thanks

PS I am checking the journal of the navidrome service, and in addition to Permission denied, it says Please check the logs. I don’t know where to find them though…

Hi
Can you give us the return of this command

# ls -l /path/to/your/MusicFolder

Same for the parent folder
So we can see the permissions

thx

ls -l /home/admin/media/wd_black/
total 32
drwxrwxr-x+  2 root      root     16384 Jan 29  2021 lost+found
drwxrwxr-x+ 37 root      www-data  4096 Mar 12  2021 Music
drwxrwxr-x+  3 nextcloud www-data  4096 Jan 30  2021 nextclouddata

And

ls -l /home/admin/media/wd_black/Music              total 100836
drwxrwxr-x+  3 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  0..9
drwxrwxr-x+ 18 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  A
drwxrwxr-x+ 23 syncthing syncthing      4096 Mar 12  2021  AUDIOBOOKS
drwxrwxr-x+ 12 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  B
drwxrwxr-x+  9 syncthing syncthing      4096 Mar  3  2021  BO
drwxrwxr-x+ 10 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  C
drwxrwxr-x+ 11 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  D
-rw-rwxr-x+  1 syncthing syncthing       504 Jan 19  2021  desktop.ini
drwxrwxr-x+ 12 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  E
drwxrwxr-x+ 10 syncthing syncthing      4096 Feb 15  2021  F
Etc... 

I am still trying to wrap my head around the groups / users logic but the learning is hard… I have tried to add navidrome ‘user’ to the www-data group and to the multimedia group. I also added admin user to the navidrome group… Nothing makes a difference.
I still don’t get how navidrome can play files in the folder but cannot scan it

I have also done this without success :

sudo  setfacl -Rm user:navidrome:r-x /home/admin/media/wd_black/Music
sudo  setfacl -Rm user:navidrome:r-x /home/admin/media/wd_black/

I tried many other things, like adding the username I use to log in to the various groups above, and still nothing.
I compared the rights of the default folder with mine, and I couldn’t see a difference to explain this ‘permission denied’.

Finally found a workaround, although I still don’t know why this works…
I put back the default path in the .toml filde and the scan works but of course found nothing.
So I added a symlink from the default folder to the Music folder on my external hard drive and now it works… go figure

sudo ln -s /home/admin/media/wd_black/Music/ /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music/

Just want to give a huge thank you @ericg for maintaining this! Me and my friends are using it daily. It’s my most used app on my server.

Thank you so much!

(PS; I’m excited for the new sharing option they’re working on! Implement Sharing by deluan · Pull Request #2106 · navidrome/navidrome · GitHub)

2 Likes

Last upgrade failed.

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/upifasofeb

There was an update for Navidrome, would love to have the update on Yunohost :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Works fine on a rpi4 I as using it and never had any problems, but recently moved to nextcloud music to have things more integrated and less stuff installed.