[Navidrome] Music Server and Streamer

Nohting changed and i cannot create a new topic for some obscure missing language tag…

I ran some tests and here is what i understand : navidrome does actually see changes and i can add or delete anything, it works. But some albums or even tracks do not show in the library, in particular from albums that are not imported from a cd or downloaded from an official “pro” source (bandcamp or whatever). For example i tried to add the demo version of an upcoming album (not yet released, does not exist anywhere, got it from friends directly exported from the DAW) and it won’t show up.

So question is : under what conditions does navidrome show or hide particular files ? Metadata ? Filename ? File extension ? Registration in some external database ? I looked it up in the official documentation but did not find anything…

@Aristid Your best bet is to open an issue in Navidrome GitHub repo: GitHub - deluan/navidrome: 🎧☁️ Modern Music Server and Streamer compatible with Subsonic/Airsonic

Well i think i got it. Kept searching and found out that navidrome works solely with tags. Which means files that are untagged are not even accounted for…

I thought library sorting was based on folder structure, but neh : tags tags tags.

1 Like

New stable release available :tada:

2 Likes

This app is great!
Is there a way to ignore/hide a folder? I couldn’t find an option in the toml file.

Found the way! Simply create an empty .ndignore file in the said folder and rescan.

1 Like

1 Like

Very good release. the UI freeze with old versions behind reverse proxy, it works now.

Anyone managed to use the app ultrasonic on android? I simply can’t connect to the server. The error message is Incorrect reply. Please check the server address.

Have you defined Navidrome as a public app?

You must activate public site if you want to connect a client player to Navidrome. This can be changed later via the webadmin.

1 Like

Does Public app mean it is accessed without password? Or just that it is accessed directly with the navidrome password (without going through the ynh account first)?
I guess the second option, but to be sure…

• Private app: you need to go through SSO to access the app (so you need YunoHost user account)
  • Public app: you don’t need to go through SSO to access the app
    Navidrome as a login/password mechanism to access the app so you don’t need to set the app as private.
1 Like

I spoke too quickly, it’s not better :cry:. I’ll stay with Airsonic for now.

Hello,

I am using Navidrome with a music folder created with Syncthing, it was working great since last update. Now, Navidrome can’t access my music folder anymore.
Here is the error:

INFO[0000] Configuring Media Folder                      
name="Music Library" path=/home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique

INFO[0000] Creating Image cache                          
maxSize="100 MB" path=/var/lib/navidrome/cache/images

ERRO[0000] Error stating dir                             
error="stat /home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique: permission denied" path=/home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique

ERRO[0000] Error loading directory tree                  
error="stat /home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique: permission denied"

ERRO[0000] There were errors reading directories from filesystem  

ERRO[0000] Scan was interrupted by error. See errors above  

ERRO[0000] Error importing MediaFolder                   
error="stat /home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique: permission denied" folder=/home/yunohost.app/syncthing/Musique  

ERRO[0000] Errors while scanning media. Please check the logs 
INFO[0000] Finished full rescan  

I’ve tried to change the permission of this folder:

sudo chmod -R o+r Musique
drwxr-xr-- 345 syncthing syncthing 12288 Apr 28 18:31 Musique                                                                                  

But no success.

Any help welcome, thanks!

EDIT: Solution is to change the rights of the /syncthing folder:
chmod -R o+rx /home/yunohost.app/syncthing
([Navidrome] - Music folder permission denied - #5 by Aleks)

2 Likes

1 Like

New stable release available :headphones:

2 Likes