My_webapp MySQL: Access denied

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: YunoHost 11.2.4 (stable)
I have access to my server : All of Below:Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I used my_webapp to host my php code, filled in the database credentials provided by my_webapp, then import the database.

When visit my website, It says,

Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user ‘my_webapp’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I follow this discussion

then did what suggested on the post.

php8.0-mysql is already the newest version (1:8.0.30-2+0~20230904.59+debian11~1.gbp806e95). 

This issue still persist.

Hello,

Maybe you can try to use the password which is set in the settings.yml file in the /etc/yunohost/apps/my_webapp folder.
You will see the key db_pwd which is the displayed password after the installation but it seems not to be the good one. Try with the key mysqlpwd which is lower in the file.

It works for me.

You may use https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/my_webapp_ynh/tree/testing as installation branch, it fixes the password issue.

Yes. The password list in [quote=“manet, post:2, topic:26356”]settings.yml[/quote] below helped.

mysqlpwd: XXX

Ok, perfect have a good day :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. The same to you too.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.