Moving to another box

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: x.x.x
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hello.

I dont have it yet, but I’m about to receive a Dell PowerEdge R210II rack server, from a buddy. I know that I can just “give it a go” and see if YNH will work on it. I guess it will, but I’m just asking here if anyone has had or has a YNH on a rack server, this one in particular, and what might be the pitfalls.

The one I’m getting is well over spec, 16gig of ram 2 x 1TB hard drives, E31230v2 CPUs, and so on. I was hoping to RAID 1 YNH onto the second disk but reading around here it might be beyond my limited knowledge, but that’s another subject. (I currently do a full backup every other day as it’s on a VM on a QNAP NAS and is part of the NAS backup.)

I like the idea of getting my YHN off the NAS as the memory is restricted to 3gig VM, there is only 8 in the NAS. I have a lot of domains on my YNH server and several apps with only six users.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone with a rack server who has YHN running and what I should or shouldn’t do.

Many thanks

Dj

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.