Monica CRM - CardDAV & General discussion

Are there here people who use Monica?

I am already for years eying this app and I want to use it. But the main things holding me back is the lack of a good CardDav connection to my iOS and MacOS apps.

Also the app has been unmaintained again for some time; and I wonder if it makes sense to trust an app with my important CRM data if it might be abandoned sometime…

I was wondering if there are people here who actively use the app; how they use it and if they found solutions to the Dav issues of the app.

Hello Dosch!

I am starting to use Monica, and am working on this WebDAV sync issue recently.

I am testing two strategies, I will post about my progress/hopefully success on this thread, in case you or anyone else is interested in doing the same. On my Yunohost server I have installed:

• Monica
  • Baikal
  • N8n

Preferred solution - most robust

• Sync all my devices with Baikal WebDAV server only.
  • Set up a new calendar on Baikal for Monica, called ‘Monica’ or similar. This will allow me to see, copy, and edit Monica data on all my devices, but with the ability to keep it separate from my regular events.
  • Using N8n, set up two way sync between Baikal and Monica. This will hopefully reduce the worry about trusting/depending on Monica for all sensitive data.

This sounds great in theory, but I haven’t learned how to operate N8n yet, and am unfamiliar with automation sequences generally. So I’m trying this for now…

Currently most feasible solution
~ Sync each device with both Monica WebDAV and Baikal WebDAV.

Baikal is a robust, simple and commonly used WebDAV server, so I prefer to stick with it for my main data store.

@dosch Did you end up using Monica?

1 Like

I have not ended up using Monica because I loath the idea to have address books in more then one place. So if you are able to setup a nice sync possibility; that would be awesome and I might give Monica another spin.

1 Like