Mongodb error when installing wekan

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online (scaleway)
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.9
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes (that’s an old instance, I’ve tweaked things from time to time to fix bugs while trying to stay as close to the standard as possible, of course I have no traceability of what’s I’ve changed over time…)

Description of my issue

When installing wekan, an issue occurs when trying to connect to mongodb.
See the installation logs: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/biyumoyaya

I have ssh access to the server, let me know if I can run some commands to gather more information.

Thanks

Eeeeh so inside the absolutely crazy stacktrace I found:

mongod[444118]: {"t":{"$date":"2022-08-26T07:37:57.551+00:00"},"s":"F",  "c":"CONTROL",  "id":4522200, 
"ctx":"main","msg":"Writing to log file failed, aborting application","attr":{"files":["/var/log/mongodb/mongod.log"]}}

So for some reason mongodb can’t write to /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log but not clear why … could be a permission issue, idk

Can we check naively:

namei -l /var/log/mongodb

and

namei -l /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log

/var/log/mongodb does not exists :slight_smile:

Zblerg yeah probably because it got automatically uninstalled after the failed install which trigger an auto-remove/auto-cleanup

If you’re comfortable with tweaking, we can investigate by installing the app but using an advanced option to not remove the app after the failed install :

sudo yunohost app install wekan --no-remove-on-failure

Then check namei -l /var/log/mongodb and namei -l /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log

(who knows, maybe they still dont exist but that’ll bring more clue on what’s the issue)

And of course after the failed install, at any time you can sudo yunohost remove wekan to remove the broken wekan install

The result after the command above are:

admin@yunohost:~$ namei -l /var/log/mongodb
f: /var/log/mongodb
drwxr-xr-x root    root    /
drwxr-xr-x root    root    var
drwxr-xr-x root    root    log
drwxr-xr-x mongodb mongodb mongodb
admin@yunohost:~$ namei -l /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log
f: /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log
drwxr-xr-x root    root    /
drwxr-xr-x root    root    var
drwxr-xr-x root    root    log
drwxr-xr-x mongodb mongodb mongodb
-rw------- mongodb mongodb mongod.log

@Aleks It looks like a throwback of the issue we had a couple of years ago when the MongoDB daemon got renamed from mongodb into mongod (or vice versa).

Minor detail: the command is sudo yunohost app remove wekan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.