Minecraft in YunoHost App Store?

Any chance for Minecraft Server be added to YunoHost App Store?

I know Minecraft Server existed on Official YunoHost GitHub Repository and it has been updated 4 months ago.

I know the game is not Free. I kind of understand it requires a Minecraft Account or Microsoft Account to use a Minecraft Server.

But there are a Free Alternatives that I think you can import it over to YunoHost.

Docker Minecraft Server

Cuberite

Glowstone

Crafty Controller

Welcome!

We sometimes accept “not totally free” software. Minecraft is neither free nor open source, so that’s a firm “no” for it to be in the catalog. This should not prevent you from installing it with the address of the repo.

Sure ! Minetest.

Docker Minecraft Server

That’s Minecraft with extra Docker steps. We do not do that here.

Cuberite
Glowstone

That’s FOSS. Feel free to add them to the wishlist.

Crafty Controller

This one looks like it is dependent on closed-sourced proprietary JAR files for Minecraft. That would be a no.

1 Like

To complete the answer, the wishlist can be found here :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I know Minecraft Java Edition is already existed on YunoHost GitHub Repro. But, will it be also great if they add Minecraft Bedrock Edition to YunoHost GitHub Repro?

You can make good use of the unbelievable and marvelous Yunohost Apps Wishlist !

Or even package it yourself !

I believe the previous ruling was ‘unfit for catalog due to licensing’ add Minecraft by ericgaspar · Pull Request #1500 · YunoHost/apps · GitHub

Merging your two threads.

@Aristid, Minecraft is closed-sourced and proprietary, that’s a no for the wishlist.

Just to add a little info about Minetest, there are a few plugins existing in Minetest, and a few of them are to make it as close as possible of Minecraft.
In YunoHost, for now, 2 plugins are available from the web-install directly, one of them is Mineclonia.

So, OK, this is not Minecraft, and there are a lot of differences, but it is quite close, free, and open source.

I know this may not be what you want (if you want Minecraft, this is NOT Minecraft), but from my point of view, it is a really nice alternative.

1 Like

My bad, i answered a bit too fast…

1 Like

You can use this app : GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/minecraft_ynh: Minecraft Server package for YunoHost

It’s not listed but updated and working :slight_smile:

1 Like